5/13 Games

danman31

Buffalo @ Charlotte Josh Stewart is pitching against Jason Bere

Jacksonville @ Birmingham Lubisich pitching against #2 Dodgers prospect Chad Billingsley

Winston-Salem @ Lynchburg Haigwood on the mound

Kannapolis @ West Virginia Russell started. Rain delay, 1-0 Kanny btm 4.

It's backwards day for the Knights! They win while scoring 11 runs. Everyone but Brian Anderson got a hit and Joe Borchard went 3-4. Coquillette with a grand slam, good for a 6 RBI day. Coqu, Norton, and Gutierrez each had two hits. Box Score

The Barons got shutdown. They managed only 4 hits while losing 4-0. 2 hits for Stewart, good relief from LaMura. Box Score

'Hogs win 4-2 behind a nice start from Haigwood. Hinton and Daigle with 3 hits each. Interesting defensive setup. Schnur started at 2nd and shifted to 3rd. Amador played CF. Daigle at 3rd. Wasserman still yet to give up a run. Box Score

Kanny's game got suspended.

Jacksonville 4 Barons 0

Barons could do little Billingsly and the troubling thing was Chad wasn't at the top of his game by means with only his fastball working for him tonight he hit 100 3 times tonight. Chris Stewart had 2 hits tonight and turned on 2 Billingsly fastball's Meanwhile Lubisich was on his game as well giving up 7 hits in 7 innings he made only one bad pitch and that was a hanging curve to Tydus Meadows that was deposited over the LF wall. B.J. LaMura pitched like he trusted his stuff tonight in the 8th inning he threw a 0-1 curve to Joel Guzman that dropped in for a called strike then blew him away with a 96 Fastball chin high. Then in the 9th to face Brian Sprout he got 2 swings and misses on fastballs then dropped in a great curve for Strike 3 called. Both Owens and Young's hit streaks are over. Corwin Malone on the mound tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoy the write ups I try and put in as much info as I can give.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 13, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Jacksonville 4  Barons 0

Barons could do little Billingsly and the troubling thing was Chad wasn't at the top of his game by means with only his fastball working for him tonight he hit 100 3 times tonight.  Chris Stewart had 2 hits tonight and turned on 2 Billingsly fastball's  Meanwhile Lubisich was on his game as well giving up 7 hits in 7 innings he made only one bad pitch and that was a hanging curve to Tydus Meadows that was deposited over the LF wall.  B.J. LaMura pitched like he trusted his stuff tonight in the 8th inning he threw a 0-1 curve to Joel Guzman that dropped in for a called strike then blew him away with a 96 Fastball chin high.  Then in the 9th to face Brian Sprout he got 2 swings and misses on fastballs then dropped in a great curve for Strike 3 called.  Both Owens and Young's hit streaks are over.  Corwin Malone on the mound tomorrow.  I hope you guys enjoy the write ups I try and put in as much info as I can give.

You're doing an excellent job. I really enjoy reading your recaps.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 13, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
Jacksonville 4  Barons 0

Barons could do little Billingsly and the troubling thing was Chad wasn't at the top of his game by means with only his fastball working for him tonight he hit 100 3 times tonight.  Chris Stewart had 2 hits tonight and turned on 2 Billingsly fastball's  Meanwhile Lubisich was on his game as well giving up 7 hits in 7 innings he made only one bad pitch and that was a hanging curve to Tydus Meadows that was deposited over the LF wall.  B.J. LaMura pitched like he trusted his stuff tonight in the 8th inning he threw a 0-1 curve to Joel Guzman that dropped in for a called strike then blew him away with a 96 Fastball chin high.  Then in the 9th to face Brian Sprout he got 2 swings and misses on fastballs then dropped in a great curve for Strike 3 called.  Both Owens and Young's hit streaks are over.  Corwin Malone on the mound tomorrow.  I hope you guys enjoy the write ups I try and put in as much info as I can give.

You do a fantastic job. :headbang :headbang

Edited by ottawa_sox