Game Thread 5-15-2005 Sox vs Orioles

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Naahhhh ... I remember plenty of times where you hide behind your uniform.  That's ok ... if you say you haven't in certain forums, then you haven't.  Fine with me, I know you're always right anyways.

I could care less if you post anything negative about me ... when you post your over the top crap and you don't know what you're talking about, I'll call you out.

Walker always preaches going the other way, if you knew anything about him and his philosophy, you'd know that.  But you don't.

Try reading and learning more, and talking less.

When does walker preach going the other way. If he does then explain why the entire team when presented with a pitcher who paints the outside corner 90% of the time and we watch them roll their wrists over time and time again. Walker tinkers with hitters. Here is a very recent example.

Carlos had a slow start last year. Then he had a 28 game hitting streak and raised his BA from 220 to 300. He has a very short compact swing. Then Greg Walker worked with him to change that nice compact swing into a power swing in the middle of the season. This goes against the theories of hit it to all fields.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
Did anyone see that awful vote on Comcast gregarding Frank coming back into the lineup? 65% said "don't mess with success." On a team who's hitting is bad...... riiiiiggghhhttt. The bullpen may be doing good, and we've got soem good hitters, but it's hardly enough. Bring in Frank I say.

Personally I can't wait for Frank to get back. With him back I think the rest of the guys are gonna see better pitches and Dead will get to ride the pine more often.

Guest JimH
When does walker preach going the other way.  If he does then explain why the entire team when presented with a pitcher who paints the outside corner 90% of the time and we watch them roll their wrists over time and time again.  Walker tinkers with hitters.  Here is a very recent example.

Carlos had a slow start last year.  Then he had a 28 game hitting streak and raised his BA from 220 to 300.  He has a very short compact swing.  Then Greg Walker worked with him to change that nice compact swing into a power swing in the middle of the season.  This goes against the theories of hit it to all fields.

How do you know this, are you in the clubhouse?

No, you aren't.

Listen to interviews of Walker himself and hitters who talk about Walker. His philosophy is to take pitches the other way as the count dictates.

Again, listen and learn.

First I just want to say...take some breaths people. Secondly, as far as the Sox offense goes its been awful all year and the best its been has been recent.

I didn't see todays game so I can't comment on it, in fact I only saw one game of the Orioles series I saw was part of Thursday and Fridays.

However Paulie is awful. His problems dont' evne come from trying to pull everything, although its a big issue (and its quite unlike him to be honest) but it stems more from one of the worse batting eyes I"ve seen. He's swinging at crap and so is Carl Everett (although somehow he's hitting) but he's chasing every single changeup out and away (as well as down) and a lot of the times he's just found a way to get bat on ball and its dropped.

Dye has been a little better, but how couldn't he of done better and Konerko's still UGLY. Rowand is improving and AJ is showing signs of life. He hasn't yet done what AJ can do and he's been a slow starter in the past.

But this offense has some changes to make. Guchi may have a few adjustments necessary as well considering he k'd 3 times yesterday and from reading the posts here looked awful today. Crede has just been meh after his hitting streak although he's kept his average respectable.

Been watching Cotts lately (and I'm a Cotts backer) and he's off. Just zero control and I concur, he should be down in the minors.

Did anyone see that awful vote on Comcast regarding Frank coming back into the lineup? 65% said "don't mess with success." On a team who's hitting is bad...... riiiiiggghhhttt. The bullpen may be doing good, and we've got soem good hitters, but it's hardly enough. Bring in Frank I say. I hate to be derogatory, but just look at what's happening.

I would say that 65% of those people who voted must be idiots.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
It was obvious to me they were trying to go the other way and fouled some pitches off.  Go have another drink in whatever southern AZ watering hole you're in today.  The idiot hole is whatever hole you dig for yourself ... daily.

By the way, it's "ridiculous", you should know how to spell that one.

What you don't know about baseball is a lot.  What you know about over the top nonsense and profanity is quite a bit though.

It's obvious to me that you're trying to defend your point with hypothetical nonsense. If they were trying to go the other way they wouldn't be hitting pitches 6 inches outside right to 3rd and short time after time. That's called pulling the ball for the slow among us here. If they were trying to go with the pitch then those would be getting served out into right field. How many times must this be explained to you Mr. "I know everything about baseball"?

LOL! Thanks spell checker. If a typo is all you got against me you really have issues.

Guest JimH
It's obvious to me that you're trying to defend your point with hypothetical nonsense.  If they were trying to go the other way they wouldn't be hitting pitches 6 inches outside right to 3rd and short time after time.  That's called pulling the ball for the slow among us here.  If they were trying to go with the pitch then those would be getting served out into right field.  How many times must this be explained to you Mr. "I know everything about baseball"?

LOL!   Thanks spell checker.  If a typo is all you got against me you really have issues.

What I've forgotten about baseball is more than you'll ever know.

You were apparantly too busy brushing up on all your witty profanity to see all the foul balls hit the other way.

Also, if you knew anything about trying to hit offspeed pitches (which you don't), you'd know if you miss on the timing of a breaking pitch, even if you guess correctly, you'll often get out and around the pitch.

Good effort on your part, but stick to your over the top hyperbole and leave the serious baseball chat for those who have a clue about the game. Listen and learn, it might be good for you, Mr. I'm In The Military So I'm Allowed To Do And Say Anything I Want And No One Can Question Me.

Oh by the way, quote from a personal message I just received:

"The eat s***, f*** you, suck a dick...gets kinda annoying."

Surely you're brighter than the above quote shows ... try raising your standards just a bit. I don't know if you can ... but give it a try. Maybe start by listening and learning vs. typing all your over-the-top nonsense.

Just a thought.

But we all know you don't "give a f***" about what anyone else thinks.

Edited by JimH