Sox vs Rangers 5/17 - Game Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
SWING AND A MISS! INNING OVER. Bottom 8, 5-2 Sox. BTW, Toronto up 7-3 on Minny.

The bigger the lead we get on those assholes the better chance were in the playoffs. I know its an obvious fact but this team is playing very good. It seems like after playing good for a while they go into a 2 game funk and get back on track. This team is great.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 17, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
The bigger the lead we get on those assholes the better chance were in the playoffs. I know its an obvious fact but this team is playing very good. It seems like after playing good for a while they go into a 2 game funk and get back on track. This team is great.

Let me mention that it is May 17th....not to be pessimistic but it's still early but there is no denying the start this team had.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
The best part about the Twinkies trailing 7-3 today is that it was with Johan Santana on the mound

Hopefully the BJs sweep these bastards now

EAT s*** MINNY

That guy needs to go into a dead arm period. If Johan does bad the Twins do real bad. That is if their starters don't step it up which they usually do but anytime Johan is bad its bad for the Twins.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 17, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
That guy needs to go into a dead arm period. If Johan does bad the Twins do real bad. That is if their starters don't step it up which they usually do but anytime Johan is bad its bad for the Twins.

It's also not impossible - in April and May last year Santana started off with an ERA over 5.5.

He got hot at the end of the season, but I think that reality for him can't be as good as he was at the end of 2004.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
It's also not impossible - in April and May last year Santana started off with an ERA over 5.5.

He got hot at the end of the season, but I think that reality for him can't be as good as he was at the end of 2004.

Thats because he had surgery in the offseason to remove bone spurs.