White Sox vs Cubs Game 2 Thread 5-21-05

sox-r-us

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
It's because he didn't swing, because, well he can't swing.  Would you prefer nobody swing the rest of the game?

Well, since we have no hits today, and guys are chasing anything within a 3 foot radius of home plate.....maybe it would be a good plan :D You know very well I was just making a statement about how ironic it is that Contreras, the same person that Ozzie said was a pathetic hitter, was able to reach.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 21, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Guillen should have Willie drop a bunt next inning.  He might get on base, and Zambo will be pissed off enough to throw at someone.

That's a damn good idea. Zambrano is pitching an incredible game, nothing is straight or over the plate. Try to get into his head. I liked what AJ did when he got his, because he was trying to do exactly that.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 21, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
Guillen should have Willie drop a bunt next inning.  He might get on base, and Zambo will be pissed off enough to throw at someone.

I'm personally surprised they haven't tried dropping one down yet.

Aramis = hurt.

Zambrano = (somewhat) hurt.

Hopefully Guillen heard you, santo.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 21, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)

Personally, I'd rather have Willie continue to work the pitcher like he has been, and be a tough out. We all know Willie is a bad bunter, so no reason to possibly make an easy out on one pitch or so.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 21, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Anyone notice that Everett still looks awful at the plate?  He's just throwing the bat at the ball and missing every single time...by a lot.  He has no reason to be in this game.

For the last 3 weeks, he's swung and missed an incredible amount of times. The only time he's made contact with a pitch, it seems like it's a lazy fly to LF. I'm simply shocked by Ozzie playing him for a red-hot Dye right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 21, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
For the last 3 weeks, he's swung and missed an incredible amount of times.  The only time he's made contact with a pitch, it seems like it's a lazy fly to LF.  I'm simply shocked by Ozzie playing him for a red-hot Dye right now.

It's just dumb.

Alright, DP. Time to get a hit!