5/21 Games

danman31

Guest JimH

Charlotte wins 2-1 in a pitchers duel, Diaz goes 5 innings, 3 hits, 3 walks. The bullpen does a great job, Bajenaru with the save. Frank was 1-4 with two strikeouts, Anderson was 0-4 with a strikeout, Borchard 0-2 with a walk and a K. Charlotte had 5 total hits, 2 by Spidale.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...chraaa_bufaaa_1

Kannapolis takes a major whuppin' - they lose 16-3, ouch. Egbert, Hanson, and two others get their ass handed to them:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...chraaa_bufaaa_1

Edited by JimH

Guest JimH

Barons and West Tenn also locked in a pitchers duel, it's 1-1 going into the 9th as I type this. I'm sure Tom will have an update later on.

Of note, both Ryan Sweeney and Casey Rogowski are 2-4.

Tom, saw your PM ... it was a fluke that I followed the game last nite and posted a game thread, normally I don't listen ... especially on weekends LOL, the wife and I are usually out and about.

Edit: Barons now at bat in the bottom of the 9th with a chance to win it.

Edited by JimH

Blakley hit a double and moved over to third on Stewart bunt. And with 1 out in the bottom of the 9th with the score tied and a chance to win he gets picked off third. UGH!!!!

Was it a great move by the pitch or baseruning error ??? Its hard to tell by listening to the West Tenn radio guy.... he was screaming YEAH ( a little biased of course).

Extras

C

QUOTE(minorsfan @ May 21, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Blakley hit a double and moved over to third on Stewart bunt.  And with 1 out in the bottom of the 9th with the score tied and a chance to win he gets picked off third. UGH!!!!

Was it a great move by the pitch or baseruning error ???  Its hard to tell by listening to the West Tenn  radio guy....  he was screaming YEAH ( a little biased of course).

Extras

C

It was a pick play which Blakely would have had a better chance diving back into 3rd It would have been a bang bang play but he had no shot coming home

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 21, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
not sure on this but according to northsidebaseball.com game over Barons lose in the 15th... Felix Pie drove in the winning RBI barely missing a grandslam.

Yes he did and in fact I had Grand Slam in the score book already then look up and sweeney take it back but it would matter little as Kris (ugh) Honel gave up the next 2 runs on a double

West Tenn 4 Barons 1

W-Searles L-Honel

What a game one the Barons should have won again. 3 times from the 9th inning we had runners at 3rd and only 1 out and could not score. Honel comes off the DL and if he pitches like that needs to head right back on it. Honel still hits only 82 on the gun gave up 3 hits 2 walks in 2 innings but great catches by Sweeney and Blakely saved him futher embrasment. The other 5 pitchers Phillips, Meaux, Pollok,Reynoso,Jenks were outstanding. Sweeney had 3 hits tonight but failed with a runner at 3rd 1 out and poped out. Outstanding Infield Defense tonight. Sean Tracey on the hill tomorrow with no bullpen behind him unless there is a call up from Winston as Reynoso's 3rd Straight game Meaux threw 40 pitches, Jenks 2 days in a row and a lot of pitches, Pollok 2 innings 38 pitches LaMura threw 3 innings yesterday and with all of the walks and K's had a heavy PC. So it is Tracey against the SL best pitcher and K Leader with a no-hitter already on his belt.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Yes he did and in fact I had Grand Slam in the score book already then look up and sweeney take it back but it would matter little as Kris (ugh) Honel gave up the next 2 runs on a double

Man, it's sad to see Kris fall this far. I forgot to make this comment in yesterdays games thread but it looks like Corwin is doing the complete opposite of Honel, I had Corwin basically written off and he's coming on strong, I hope he can keep it up.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
Man, it's sad to see Kris fall this far.  I forgot to make this comment in yesterdays games thread but it looks like Corwin is doing the complete opposite of Honel, I had Corwin basically written off and he's coming on strong, I hope he can keep it up.

Two pitchers going in opposite directions Malone is getting stronger per game throwing around 90 yesterday. Honel hit 82 once. I also heard that Malone is really working hard in hid return and Honel hasn't shown that extra effort malone has shown

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
damn the cubs team seems a bit stacked doesnt it... thats not good... future sox killers.... also that felix pie looks to be a gamer by staying in the game even after being beamed in the head.

Prospects of Pie in CF McGee at 3rd Murton in RF. Great pitchers in Nolasco, Hill

Tom what did you think of Pie getting hit in the head Friday night? I didn't think it was that bad as far as beanings go. He never lost motion until the trainers told him to lay still. Yeah, he was in pain, but he was able to get back up and stay in the game. Anytime someone gets hit in the head it is dangerous, but I didn't think this one was that bad, relatively speaking.....

side note: I will likely be there Sunday.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
Tom what did you think of Pie getting hit in the head Friday night?  I didn't think it was that bad as far as beanings go.  He never lost motion until the trainers told him to lay still.  Yeah, he was in pain, but he was able to get back up and stay in the game.  Anytime someone gets hit in the head it is dangerous, but I didn't think this one was that bad, relatively speaking.....

side note: I will likely be there Sunday.

It was a curve that didn't break no intent at all. I heard people say he was out but it didn't look like it. Corwin was trying to throw the same pitch he K'ed Pie on in the 1st. I will be in Section E Row 6 Seat 12 tomorrow so stop by if you can

Tom

QUOTE(MnSoxFan @ May 22, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
I heard in bottom of 14th that Owens led off with a triple. Young popped up, they walked Sweeney and Rogo intentionally and then Fields hit into a DP. Is that correct?

It was a one out Triple Young chased a very bad ball. Then Dickerson walks Sweeney and Rogo, Fields then takes 2 pitches down the heart of the plate and then was out on a very close call at first a great pick by Brandon Sing sold the Ump.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
It was a one out Triple Young chased a very bad ball.  Then Dickerson walks Sweeney and Rogo, Fields then takes 2 pitches down the heart of the plate and then was out on a very close call at first a great pick by Brandon Sing sold the Ump.

Thanks

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 22, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
Even though Frank isn't lighting the world on fire I think the more important thing is that he's been able to play everyday.

No doubt and it sounds like he's hitting the ball fairly hard too, results just aren't that important yet.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
damn the cubs team seems a bit stacked doesnt it... thats not good... future sox killers.... also that felix pie looks to be a gamer by staying in the game even after being beamed in the head.

dont worry, they will trade it ALL away in the next year or so.