Would you make this trade

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
My friend who is a huge Rangers  fan came up with a trade

The Sox would send Aaron Rowand, Joe Crede and B Mac for Mark Teixeira and Hank Blalock

Someone explain to me how this benefits the White Sox please. You lose your starting centerfielder, starting 3B, and future starter for a starting 3b. Im sure Texas would jump on this trade in a heartbeat :ph34r:

No, but only because I think McCarthy could be our version of Mark Prior.

Additionally, some scouting reports note that Teixeira seems to benefit from playing at Ameriquest Field, as he can lift balls into the air to right and take advantage of the short right-field wall.

We get left short in the outfield, too. I like Rowand and McCarthy too much to do this trade.

Well, I think it's an interesting concept. I like picking up Teixera for third base...but I'm not sure where we would play Blaylock. I love the idea of some power from the LH side of the plate, but we have a huge logjam (like we always do) of 1B/DH types, which will get worse when the Big Hurt returns.

And Rowand is a very tradeable guy given his CF ability...but he's at relatively low value right now. I don't think they should trade him while he's down. But I do think that Anderson could step in and do a very nice job if he's traded.

Upgrading 3B is definitely the way to think, though. The problem is that there is not a lot of 3B talent out there. (Although Hinske might be available, even though he is playing 1B right now).

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ May 23, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
Well, I think it's an interesting concept.  I like picking up Teixera for third base...but I'm not sure where we would play Blaylock.  I love the idea of some power from the LH side of the plate, but we have a huge logjam (like we always do) of 1B/DH types, which will get worse when the Big Hurt returns.

You have them backwards: Teixera plays 1B/DH and Blaylock plays 3B.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ May 23, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
Well, I think it's an interesting concept.  I like picking up Teixera for third base...but I'm not sure where we would play Blaylock.  I love the idea of some power from the LH side of the plate, but we have a huge logjam (like we always do) of 1B/DH types, which will get worse when the Big Hurt returns.

And Rowand is a very tradeable guy given his CF ability...but he's at relatively low value right now.  I don't think they should trade him while he's down.  But I do think that Anderson could step in and do a very nice job if he's traded.

Upgrading 3B is definitely the way to think, though.  The problem is that there is not a lot of 3B talent out there.  (Although Hinske might be available, even though he is playing 1B right now).

At a glance it looks like this post has some value, until I read the statements. Tex plays 1b, blaylock plays 3b, and looked like crap when we played them.

Heres the real way to argue for this trade- Kong could not be re-signed so Tex could play 1b, and hank 3b, and then bring up Anderson to play CF. This would not only make the team slightly younger, but possibly cheaper as well. Losing BMAC would be a huge blow, however, and im not sure it would make the trade worth it to the sox, but there is slight upside by unjamming the OF clusterf*** that we have going on in our system.

As far as Hinske-no

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
I would make this trade in the offseason after the Sox win the Series, then as someone pointed out, we have the repalcement for Pauly and the  money we save go out and grab say a AJ BURNETT :headbang.

But, not now there is no way I do this deal till end of season.

Can Crede be traded after the season ends? And exactly how much money would we be saving? Trading McCarthy this early is a bad idea.

WHOOPS...I did have them reversed. Now I remember - Teixera was drafted as a HIGHLY touted third baseman. But Blalock came up first and kicked ass at third base and they moved Tex. Blalock must be better defensively.

So I can see trading for Blalock more than Teixera.

Teixera is a Bora$ client, though, so that probably has an impact as well.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
WHOOPS...I did have them reversed. Now I remember - Teixera was drafted as a HIGHLY touted third baseman.  But Blalock came up first and kicked ass at third base and they moved Tex.  Blalock must be better defensively. 

So I can see trading for Blalock more than Teixera.

Teixera is a Bora$ client, though, so that probably has an impact as well.

It seems like alot of Sox fans that posted on this forum wouldnt trade Rowand, B Mac and Crede for Teixera and Blalock.

If I was KW I do this trade in a heart beat

Mr. SouthSide Hitmen, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mr. SouthSide Hitmen, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Ms Lippys car is green

Billy likes Soda.

I would probably do it because it would add a ton of power and two solid bats from the left side (Texieira is a switch hitter), but it would never happen. First off, I highly doubt McCarthy goes anywhere. Second, I highly doubt Blalock goes anywhere. Third, I doubt we acquire Texieira because he is due for a payday soon and Boras is his agent. I don't see how this makes that much sense for Texas, they could get much better for those two guys. Maybe it would make more sense if it was Garland instead of McCarthy, but I still doubt the value for Texas. Plus I don't see why they would need another outfielder, it seems like they have a ton of decent young players that can fill in there.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

I do know that Texas had a hard on for Garland this past offseason, and Orel Hershiser was one of the biggest ones on trying to get him down here.

As it turns out, he was right - in that Garland was due.

Hershiser has done more with nothing (talent-wise) then anyone in baseball, IMO.

Edited by kapkomet

Take out Rowand(I know they want to keep BMac and you have to pay to get something back) and put in Chris Young or Ryan Sweeney instead. I don't like Rowand that much, but he's our starting CFer and he's really solid. He also is a fan favorite. He's one of those guys I don't expect to ever hit 40 HR's or get 110RBI's, but he's one of those guys you need. He's too much of a staple already on this team.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 23, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
I do know that Texas had a hard on for Garland this past offseason, and Orel Hershiser was one of the biggest ones on trying to get him down here.

As it turns out, he was right - in that Garland was due.

Hershiser has done more with nothing (talent-wise) then anyone in baseball, IMO.

After the season, they can have Contreras for Adrian Gonzalez and cash.