5/23/2005 Sox @ Halos Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one instance where it worked to the pitcher's advantage that he was a newbie. The Sox swung at too many pitches out of the strike zone. I think they should be able to recognize the sliders and change ups that end up at their shoe tops a little better the next time around. But he still pitched a great game and the Sox were outhit 13 to 5. So it was not a cheap win for the Angels. When Jon gets the ball up a bit he can give up some hits. And on the rare occasion we hit the ball hard tonight, it was at someone. Let's get 'em tomorrow. That's the thing with this club, they don't hang there head like in years past and they should come out fighting.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 24, 2005 -> 05:02 AM)
I know exactly what you mean, I am one of the last supporters in every player you guys hate and I too am getting tired of Crede. Another persons swing im gettin tired of fast is Uribe, its so ugly, he looks like Ken Harvey with his knees almost hitting the ground. I love his defense but damn he needs to do something about that swing.

You can bet the sox will try to get someone who could play for one of these two guys on any given day. Someone who can play solid defense, and battle against the tough pitchers.