Fields?

wilmot825

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ May 24, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
I was wondering how the future 3rd baseman of the Sox is doing, Josh Fields?

Not good at all. Sl pitchers are throwing him fastballs/Sliders on the ouside corner and keeps trying to pull it which is why the K's are mounting and the BA is Diving. Until he learns to go Opp field he will struggle big time

Not good at all.  Sl pitchers are throwing him fastballs/Sliders on the ouside corner and keeps trying to pull it which is why the K's are mounting and the BA is Diving.  Until he learns to go Opp field he will struggle big time

wow, sounds like another 3rd baseman in the sox org. :P

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Meaning there's no pressure on Crede to hit like a decent major leaguer. :crying

I just heard that Josh lost his best Friend in college killed by a drunk driver a couple weeks ago and it is really effecting him. I hope Josh gets a few days off so he can recover I have lost a friend to a drunk driver and the pain is awful I feel for you Josh

:pray

Guest JimH
I just heard that Josh lost his best Friend in college killed by a drunk driver a couple weeks ago and it is really effecting him.  I hope Josh gets a few days off so he can recover I have lost a friend to a drunk driver and the pain is awful  I feel for you Josh

Wow, that is awful. People underestimate the effect losing someone or something you care about can have. My dog died suddenly a month ago and I'm just now coming out of the fog.

Thats horrible. Stuff like that can and will definately have a huge effect on you. Its always a million times worse when it comse out of nowhere cause you never have the opportunity to say goodbye or even prepare for the loss of a friend/loved one.

Wish Josh the best cause that is rough, very rough.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
I just heard that Josh lost his best Friend in college killed by a drunk driver a couple weeks ago and it is really effecting him.  I hope Josh gets a few days off so he can recover I have lost a friend to a drunk driver and the pain is awful  I feel for you Josh

I'm not sure, but I do think this is what you are referring to. Initial finding was that alcohol did not play a role...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cita...adel&type=story

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 27, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)

I had a roommate get killed in college by someone else who was DUI, and there can't be a more hollow feeling to lose someone that age for such a senseless reason. Prayers and best wishes to Josh :pray

Edited by southsider2k5

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)

Holy s***! I had no idea. That's really sad to hear. Maybe he should take some time off?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:37 AM)
Holy s***!  I had no idea.  That's really sad to hear.  Maybe he should take some time off?

He probably wants to play to get away from it and get a distraction. When baseball is only a distraction he isn't going to do as well. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't. If it were up to me I'd leave it up to Josh.