How does a kid from Indiana ...

retro1983hat

Yesterday's most recent joke of a 7th inning stretch at the Flub game featured NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon calling it Wrigley Stadium and completely f***ing up the words to Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

He couldn't even follow the words on the monitor. He got booed, but he still was more coherrent that Ron Santo.

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ May 25, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
Hes from California actually but anyway he said on Saturday he didnt know the words and it looked like he didnt put much effort into learning them.

Thank you! Yes, Indiana does not claim him. His family only moved to Indiana so he could get into Indy racing.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
All the more reason the Cubs need to let this stupid s*** die.  Play a tape recording of Harry singing for most games, and then maybe have a few quality guests every now and then.  As of now they just look ignornant with the idiots that get up there.

If they are going to continue to do this stupid ass "tradition" they need to get people of importance that are from Chicago. No one cares about Roy Jones Jr or Jeff Gordon at a Chicago baseball game.

It is so sad that 7th inning stretch thing. They get the people that are just on the cusp of celebrity. Last year I was at a game when Bea Arthur sang it.

Pretty pathetic. The only thing sadder than the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley is that asshole Grant DePorter and how he whores everthing that has to do with that stupid Bartman Ball.

Jeffie is the perfect cub fan.

Didn't know where he was, didn't know the words to the song but looked marvelous in his designer haircut and team jacket.

I'm a NASCAR fan and have watched his whole career, he's always a whiner and sometimes an Eddie Cleaver-like ass kisser when it suits him. But as much as I root against him I must admit that little SOB can really drive a race car.