Our bullpen mess...

Jabroni

Guys everyone on this team f***in sucks.  We lost 3 in a row. 3, can you believe this s***, I want kenny and ozzie both fired, we lost 3 f***in games in a row.  This team absolutely f***in sucks, a 3 game losing streak, my god this has to be the longest f***in losing streak in major league history.  I want this team torn up I don't give a s*** what we get in return for these f***in losers, a 3 game losing streak is unacceptable and this 33 and 17 record is absolutely f***in pathetic.

Our offense right now is pathetic and it's a joke when people try to deny it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
Our offense right now is pathetic and it's a joke when people try to deny it.

Yup, they've been pathetic for a week, before that not pathetic actually doing exactly what we expected them to do coming into this year. Actually before this recent stretch they were 11th in baseball in runs scored but hell lets give up on them after 1 week. Not to mention it doesn't help when you face maddux, zambrano, prior, santana, colon, Washburn, Lackey, Young, who are all pretty good pitchers. I personally am going to give the O more then one week to tear them to shreds. Hell, in years past our offense would fall for half the games but score 10 the other half. The offense will be fine but if you want to bash anything and everything well I guess that's your choice but it's beyond ridiculous at times.

Edited by Rowand44

Yup, they've been pathetic for a week, before that not pathetic actually doing exactly what we expected them to do coming into this year.  Actually before this recent stretch they were 11th in baseball in runs scored but hell lets give up on them after 1 week.  Not to mention it doesn't help when you face maddux, zambrano, prior, santana, colon, Washburn, Lackey, Young, who are all pretty good pitchers.  I personally am going to give the O more then one week to tear them to shreds.  Hell, in years past our offense would fall for half the games but score 10 the other half.  The offense will be fine but if you want to bash anything and everything well I guess that's your choice but it's beyond ridiculous at times.

MLB Sortable Team Stats:

.251 team AVG (ranked 25th in MLB)

.317 team OBP (ranked 23rd in MLB)

.398 team SLG (ranked 24th in MLB)

By the way, these numbers have been low for the entire season. They didn't just get horrible because of the past week or so.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
MLB Sortable Team Stats:

.251 team AVG (ranked 25th in MLB)

.317 team OBP (ranked 23rd in MLB)

.398 team SLG (ranked 24th in MLB)

By the way, these numbers have been low for the entire season.  They didn't just get horrible because of the past week or so.

I don't care what those stats say. I care about how many runs they score and before this week they were 11th in runs scored and were scoring 4-5 runs consistantly. Nothing pretty but enough runs to win games and that's all that matters ala exactly what Minny has done, the goal coming into the season was to try and be more like the Twins and before this last week it's been working perfectly.

I don't care what those stats say.  I care about how many runs they score and before this week they were 11th in runs scored and were scoring 4-5 runs consistantly.  Nothing pretty but enough runs to win games and that's all that matters ala exactly what Minny has done, the goal coming into the season was to try and be more like the Twins and before this last week it's been working perfectly.

MLB Minnesota Twins Team Stats:

.267 team AVG (ranked 25th in MLB)

.335 team OBP (ranked 23rd in MLB)

.402 team SLG (ranked 24th in MLB)

Big difference.

Check those rankings.

Sorry. I forgot to change the rankings...

MLB Minnesota Twins Team Stats:

.267 team AVG (ranked 14th in MLB)

.335 team OBP (ranked 11th in MLB)

.402 team SLG (ranked 21st in MLB)

And they're averaging 4.53 runs per game and the sox are averaging 4.46 a game, huge difference, huh?

And that's because they must not be hitting very well with RISP. Say what you want but better peripherals like the Twins have will eventually lead to more runs scoring than what the Sox peripherals currently look like.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:47 AM)
Please.  If you don't know remember how clutch Timo was with RISP as a pinch-hitter off the bench, you obviously weren't watching many Sox games last season. :rolly  Your boy Cotts had a nice 5.65 ERA last season. :puke

Timo sucks really bad this season but he was much more important to last year's team than Cotts was.  I don't think even you could argue that.  But considering the fact that you think Vinny Castilla is only "a little bit better offensively" than Joe Crede, I'm sure you could try to argue anything.

Oh, so he sucked in every other situation, but as long as he was clutch, right? And, I'm glad that "clutchness" carried over to this year, huh?

I'm willing to bet that Crede ends up with an OPS+ within ten points of Castilla's. And, you still haven't answered whether or not you'd be willing to give up a guy like Sean Tracey (maybe you don't know who he is?) for Castilla -- which, I assume would be the starting price...

Oh, so he sucked in every other situation, but as long as he was clutch, right?  And, I'm glad that "clutchness" carried over to this year, huh?

I'm willing to bet that Crede ends up with an OPS+ within ten points of Castilla's.  And, you still haven't answered whether or not you'd be willing to give up a guy like Sean Tracey (maybe you don't know who he is?) for Castilla -- which, I assume would be the starting price...

Yes, Timo's "clutchness" with RISP was more beneficial to last year's team than Cotts' 5.65 ERA was. Just because Timo's "clutchness" of last year didn't carry over to this season doesn't mean that he wasn't more valuable to last year's team than Cotts was. I don't know how you could possibly deny that.

Yes, I would give up Sean Tracey for Vinny Castilla. I don't know about you but I want the Sox to make the playoffs THIS season. I could give a crap about prospects right now. Cruddy isn't going to help this team go anywhere with his constant pop ups.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
Yes, Timo's "clutchness" with RISP was more beneficial to last year's team than Cotts' 5.65 ERA was.  Just because Timo's "clutchness" of last year didn't carry over to this season doesn't mean that he wasn't more valuable to last year's team than Cotts was.  I don't know how you could possibly deny that.

Yes, I would give up Sean Tracey for Vinny Castilla.  I don't know about you but I want the Sox to make the playoffs THIS season.  I could give a crap about prospects right now.  Cruddy isn't going to help this team go anywhere with his constant pop ups.

Well, I wouldn't trade Tracey for Castilla, and I think few people here would do that either.

Cotts wasn't very good last year, and he's not that good of a reliever. We don't have many other options though. Baj, maybe. Diaz, maybe. Fields, maybe. McCarthy, definitely, but I think people want him starting.

Well, I wouldn't trade Tracey for Castilla, and I think few people here would do that either.

Cotts wasn't very good last year, and he's not that good of a reliever.  We don't have many other options though.  Baj, maybe.  Diaz, maybe.  Fields, maybe.  McCarthy, definitely, but I think people want him starting.

Did you see the train-wreck known as Cruddy at the plate today? He couldn't even lay down a damn bunt. Thank God he didn't swing at those garbage pitches in the 9th and drew a walk. We need a replacement and soon. By the way, Timo was pretty clutch today wasn't he? :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
Did you see the train-wreck known as Cruddy at the plate today?  He was awful.  We need a replacement and soon.  By the way, Timo was pretty clutch today wasn't he? :lol:

Yeah, he was pretty bad. That said, I didn't like him bunting in either of those situations. Either, get Pablo in there, or let Crede swing away.

Yes, Timo had a big hit. He still sucks.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
Yeah, he was pretty bad.  That said, I didn't like him bunting in either of those situations.  Either, get Pablo in there, or let Crede swing away.

Yes, Timo had a big hit.  He still sucks.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Timo does suck. Luckily he's been clutch every once in a blue moon.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)

It's funny, we were the only ones who booed Timo his 2nd plate appearance, and were stunned when he put the ball in play. All that was heard were TIMO chants, and how "clutch" Timo is. :headshake

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Yeah, he was pretty bad.  That said, I didn't like him bunting in either of those situations.  Either, get Pablo in there, or let Crede swing away.

When he showed bunt on the first pitch for the second time, I was about to die. I couldn't imagine him trying to bunt again after his tremendous job earlier in game.