Shingo Takatsu

Ozzie Montana

He earned the name Mr. Zero in Japan for a reason.

That was Soooo made up he even said he wasn't called that. He could be Mr. Zero in Japan.. But in the US he's Mr. Crooked Number ;)

QUOTE(JoshPR @ May 30, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
He earned the name Mr. Zero in Japan for a reason.

That was Soooo made up he even said he wasn't called that. He could be Mr. Zero in Japan.. But in the US he's Mr. Crooked Number ;)

That was funny. Regardless though, I have not given up on him. I can really see him being big later in the season.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
Doesn't Shingo have a no-trade clause in his contract?  I think I read that on here somewhere.

I still don't think he does. As santo said before he may have it to five teams or so but it's sure as hell not a full no trade clause.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 30, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Let's see.  Shingo is the all time saves leader in Japan. 

He got lit up in spring training last year and started slowly before becoming a lights out closer for the Sox last year.

This year he is struggling early but as has been pointed out, only has had two really bad outings.

I say we keep him. B)

They just went back on the record books and found out two of shingo's saves were indeed not saves... therefore he only has 228 to sasaki's 229.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 30, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
They just went back on the record books and found out two of shingo's saves were indeed not saves... therefore he only has 228 to sasaki's 229.

That's the plot of the great Japanese movie, "Mr. 230".

Shingo needs the pitching coach to tell him what to work on in Triple A and work on it. Same with Neal Cotts. For some reason the Sox are stubborn on keeping Neal out of the minors. They need to just put him there. And get Shingo's translator back. Why the hell isn't he here? How do you expect to communicate with Shingo if he isn't there?

Why the hell isn't he here? How do you expect to communicate with Shingo if he isn't there?

So el Duque and Contreras sould have one too?? The Major leagues are in the US and in English. Adapt or learn at least the baseball terms. Spanish kids have to, son't see why ythe japs don't

QUOTE(JoshPR @ May 30, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Why the hell isn't he here? How do you expect to communicate with Shingo if he isn't there?

So el Duque and Contreras sould have one too?? The Major leagues are in the US and in English. Adapt or learn at least the baseball terms. Spanish kids have to, son't see why ythe japs don't

Hardly all spanish players in the majors know english well. Half of them sound like they have marbles in their mouths while trying to speak. Quite annoying if you ask me.

How do you figure "he is done?" WOW he had 2 horible outings this year, whipty f***en do.  Why not trade Viz, why not get rid or Buehrle, or El Duque, or Garcia, they have all sucked atleast once this year. Tell me of a pitcher that never has a bad day.  And dead weight??? Are you kidding me? Yea, his ERA is a little high right now, but he is no worse then Timo, or like I said before Viz.  If you look at Shingo's stats, and you take out Shingo's 2 bad outings his era is a little over 2.50, which is pretty f***en good last time i checked.  I agree that Shingo shouldn't be put in any pressure situation right now, but that doesn't mean we just trade him right now.  So all in all he has had 2 bad outings, which is no reason to trade him for nothing in return.

2 bad outings all year, cmon, hes been terrible, all year, and when he does save a game, hes in trouble to the end.

• 2 weeks later...

he is really struggling to throw first pitch strike and when that happens he fall behind in the count AND when that happens the hitters sit on his fastball and its hit a country mile. Whatever Cooper did with Cotts he should do to Shingo. I remember Cotts used to be like Shingo and he'd get hit around but then Coop sat down with him and ever since that he's been light out. Hope all goes with Takatsu cause I figure we'll need him later on. I all does not go well we should send him down to AAA and bring up Baj.

Edited by Ozzie Montana