White Sox v. Angels Game Thread 5/31/05

bjm676

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
WTF is everyone pissed at Marte for??? He POPPED those guys up, but they just got b**** hits out of them.

I just posted the same thing....glad I'm not the only one who still thinks Marte is a solid pitcher. If this offense could just get 5+ runs more often, we'd never b**** about the bullpen.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
WTF is everyone pissed at Marte for??? He POPPED those guys up, but they just got b**** hits out of them.

People need something to b**** don't they? b**** at the fielders in this situation first and fore most.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
The thing is if either of them dives and the ball gets past them, its over.  You have to make sure that you have a play 100% if you are going to dive, otherwise you hurt the team more than if you play it on a hop. 

If you want an example, ask Corey Patterson.

It just looks so bad that the tying run scored when one of the fastest guys in the MLB watches a ball hit the ground. Aaron should have been backing up Scotty, but since he's a pro, he probably wasn't. Also, when you dive it's your job to at least knock the ball down. Neither of those two were hit hard enough to allow the runner to advance if it got by the fielder IMO.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Is Garcias injury serious or what, we can't afford to be anymore hurt again.

DJ was acting like it was no big deal. Just a mild hamstring tweak. I'm still concerned, though, since Herm Schneider was out there.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
People need something to b**** don't they? b**** at the fielders in this situation first and fore most.

Cotts was pitching well, I think he should've been kept in. I'm not blaming Marte (even though I thought he had pitched more recently). I don't think Ozzie should've changed pitchers when the current pitcher was rolling.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
It just looks so bad that the tying run scored when one of the fastest guys in the MLB watches a ball hit the ground.  Aaron should have been backing up Scotty, but since he's a pro, he probably wasn't. Also, when you dive it's your job to at least knock the ball down. Neither of those two were hit hard enough to allow the runner to advance if it got by the fielder IMO.

it looks bad, but it looks worse when the CF knocks the ball into a triple, or if the ball gets past a corner OF for a bases clearing hit. In a crucial, non-essential, stage of the game, I'll take it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Cotts was pitching well, I think he should've been kept in.  I'm not blaming Marte (even though I thought he had pitched more recently).  I don't think Ozzie should've changed pitchers when the current pitcher was rolling.

Ozzie's moves at this point are being questioned left and right, he deserves it but if he would have left Cotts in and got smashed then people would be crying about how he left him in there so long.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
Ozzie's moves at this point are being questioned left and right, he deserves it but if he would have left Cotts in and got smashed then people would be crying about how he left him in there so long.

That's true. Normally I would hate to leave Cotts in, but I wanted it this one time. Whatever, it's over. We need to hold their offense and end this game in the bottom of the 9th.

but i love how ozzie says he doesn't care, then if questioned drops 50 f-bombs. he's such a jag sometimes.