Yet another Aubrey Huff rumor...

Fotop

Per Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus (I'd link it, but it's a pay article):

"One rumor circling the Tigers is a deal of Dmitri Young to the Devil Rays for Aubrey Huff. Young would be expected to ease the transition for his phenom brother, Delmon Young."

Seems like a damn good deal for the Tigers, but I've always liked Aubrey Huff (much like many others on this site). However this rumor shows some signs that the D-Rays don't want the moon for Huff...if this deal is a real possibility of course.

Edited by Fotop

I do not think Huff is as good as people are making it seem but still thats a terrible trade

Agreed. Total speculation here but maybe Huff's numbers are down because he got off the juice? :huh I still see no way that the Devil Rays would trade Huff for old, fat Dmitri Young just because he is the older brother of one of their top prospects.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
What a BS rumor.  Dmitri Young for Aubrey Huff?  Yeah right. :rolly  A Tigers fan must have started this rumor.

Well I doubt that, Will Carroll is one of the most respected writers in baseball. He probably wouldn't put it in his article unless someone a bit more in the know than a random tiger fan tipped him off. Even so, I still think it's B.S. as well, but I wouldn't completely write it off since I respect the source (although it still is a rumor, much like Eric Chavez to the White Sox is a rumor.)

Edited by Fotop

Well I doubt that, Will Carroll is one of the most respected writers in baseball. He probably wouldn't put it in his article unless someone a bit more in the know than a random tiger fan tipped him off. Even soon, I still think it's B.S. as well, but I wouldn't completely write it off since I respect the source (although it still is a rumor, much like Eric Chavez to the White Sox is a rumor.)

Unless Carroll neglected to mention that the Tigers would be sending a good prospect or two the Devil Rays' way, I don't see this ever happening.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Unless Carroll neglected to mention that the Tigers would be sending a good prospect or two the Devil Rays' way, I don't see this ever happening.

I'm sure there'd be other players involved. Very rarely do you see a one-for-one swap anymore (loaiza for contreras notwithstanding). But the Tigers system is one of the worst farm systems in baseball. Unless it would be a PTBNL (probably from this year's draft), I don't see Tampa all that interested in what the Tigers have to offer in terms of minors talent.

Agreed.  Total speculation here but maybe Huff's numbers are down because he got off the juice? :huh I still see no way that the Devil Rays would trade Huff for old, fat Dmitri Young just because he is the older brother of one of their top prospects.

Well there are steroids that you can take where when you get off of them you do not lose that much of what you gained.. I dont think thats a valid argument, because I see people using it a lot when in reality you can get off of a substance without losing everything that you had.. but yeah your reasoning is right, why would TB make that deal? It benefits them in no way what so ever..

I'm sure there'd be other players involved. Very rarely do you see a one-for-one swap anymore (loaiza for contreras notwithstanding). But the Tigers system is one of the worst farm systems in baseball. Unless it would be a PTBNL (probably from this year's draft), I don't see Tampa all that interested in what the Tigers have to offer in terms of minors talent.

Curtis Granderson maybe. :huh

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Agreed.  Total speculation here but maybe Huff's numbers are down because he got off the juice? :huh I still see no way that the Devil Rays would trade Huff for old, fat Dmitri Young just because he is the older brother of one of their top prospects.

Huff's a great hitter and he always starts slow, his numbers will be real good again at the end of this year.