White Sox vs. Rockies 6/6 game thread

Dam8610

Freddy has taken his game to another level right now. A 2 hitter through 7 innings in Coors field is really impressive. I would run Freddy out there in the eighth to see what he has got, then let him finish if he mows them down again. Shingo and Viz dont need work that bad, IMO, Freddy deserves the complete game.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Freddy has taken his game to another level right now. A 2 hitter through 7 innings in Coors field is really impressive. I would run Freddy out there in the eighth to see what he has got, then let him finish if he mows them down again. Shingo and Viz dont need work that bad, IMO, Freddy deserves the complete game.

I was pissed at Freddy after he gave up the lead the first inning. But good to see him mad at himself and mowing down these Rox hitters.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
For those not watching, what happened?

Oh, sorry. AJ hit a single into RF and Dye went home and the ball beat him. I completely understand Dye just accepting that he's out, but I always like to see a guy plow the catcher. It was nothing really.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:18 AM)
For those not watching, what happened?

I think he's referring to Dye getting thrown out by 10 feet at home by Hawpe, who has a great arm. Cora should have never sent him home with less than 2 outs.

It's pretty bad when the road team has to teach the home team how to hit in their own park, especially Coors Field. Sox are outhitting the Rox (I like it!) 15-2 through 7.5 innings. Of course, a lot of that can be attributed to Garcia's performance tonight.

Edited by BuehrleTheAce

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
I think he's referring to Dye getting thrown out by 10 feet at home by Hawpe, who has a great arm.  Cora should have never sent him home with less than 2 outs.

Cora's been sending a lot of guys today.

You don't think Dye had enough time to run through him?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Anyone think Thomas leads off the ninth inning?

I hope so. Unless Freddy breezes through this inning, he should be around 105 pitches. Call it a night and get the big fella an AB.

If Oz gives Timo the AB over Frank, it's going to irk me.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Cora's been sending a lot of guys today.

You don't think Dye had enough time to run through him?

Cora's been sending everyone all year. Everyone. I bet we lead the league in guys thrown out at home. Can anyone check that?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Freddy made that last guy look like a complete ass.

Anyone got the pitch count?

he started off the inning at 89, he should be right around 110.