Official Draft Talk Thread

farmteam

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Pitching in Winston-Salem, are you that freaking lazy?

Ya know yea I am lazy, I am actually trying to juggle finding out about which 18 year old is going to fail next while negotiating software deals for 5 million dollars over a conference call. So Ya I am a bit lazy, I am old also, and have limited time. I do try my best though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Well, it's worked out pretty well for Chris Young of the Rangers, even though Young was a much bigger prospect.

Yeah, I wasn't meaning to say Venable had a chance in the NBA, not many 6'2" shooting guards from Princeton do, but I was saying the few times I'd watched him on TV he was a pretty good ball player.

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Yeah, I wasn't meaning to say Venable had a chance in the NBA, not many 6'2" shooting guards from Princeton do, but I was saying the few times I'd watched him on TV he was a pretty good ball player.

No, I know what you mean. Just pointing out the similarity. It's not often you see a guy play in college basketball, and then get drafted in baseball.

Info on Cortez. He's a 3 sport player. Played basketball and was a tight end in football in high school. Very very good athlete and he's projectable. He was one of the many good recruits Gwynn landed this year (7th best recruiting class according to rivals) and he is expected to get quite a bit of playing time as a freshman.

SDSU's pitching coach feels he's projectable. Throws in the low 90's now, but could get into the mid 90's. Don't know much about his secondary stuff.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
Ya know yea I am lazy, I am actually trying to juggle finding out about which 18 year old is going to fail next while negotiating software deals for 5 million dollars over a conference call. So Ya I am a bit lazy, I am old also, and have limited time. I do try my best though.

Wow, Big f***in deal. I guess that means you're more important and have to ask lazy ass questions of others while it would take you 30 seconds to figure it out for your damn self.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
Info on Cortez.  He's a 3 sport player.  Played basketball and was a tight end in football in high school.  Very very good athlete and he's projectable.  He was one of the many good recruits Gwynn landed this year (7th best recruiting class according to rivals) and he is expected to get quite a bit of playing time as a freshman.

SDSU's pitching coach feels he's projectable.  Throws in the low 90's now, but could get into the mid 90's.  Don't know much about his secondary stuff.

Remember, Sweeney was committed to SDSU also... ;-)

Clayton Richard

MLB.COM

COMMENT: Big frame and broad-shouldered. Long arms and big hands. FB in the low 90s. Slider shows potential w/ hard break. Good athlete. Competes. Solid make-up.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
Remember, Sweeney was committed to SDSU also... ;-)

Ya, he's about the only top guy that seems to have gone pro, haha. If it helps he's the 3rd best pitching commit they had, but they seem to think he's ready.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
White Sox select Clayton Richard  LHP from Michigan

Good pick, IMO. Going to be raw having not pitched for a couple years prior to this season, but was a top prospect before committing to play football. Good arm.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
MLB.COM

COMMENT: Big frame and broad-shouldered. Long arms and big hands. FB in the low 90s. Slider shows potential w/ hard break. Good athlete. Competes. Solid make-up.

You might want to start mentioning who it is those reports are for...

Apparently the Sox have taken the "under the radar" approach to the draft, LOL...

Some relative unknowns along the way with a Broadway, Getz and Richard thrown in...

Cunningham and Cortez (if they can sign him) look like good picks...

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Wow, Big f***in deal.  I guess that means you're more important and have to ask lazy ass questions of others while it would take you 30 seconds to figure it out for your damn self.

don't answer don't waste your time. I am sure thats good enough for you. I figure your between the age of 18-25, you know the entitled. Next time just ignore it. Not trying to start a mix up. Just ignore it next time. Please do not waste your time with me and my silly questions.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
BTW, several other players have been picked, all ya gotta do is put the name at the top, Mr. Quick Draw McGraw!  LOL!

And I've posted a scouting report for each one right after it was posted that he was picked.

Anyone else have an issue here?

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
don't answer don't waste your time. I am sure thats good enough for you. I figure your between the age of 18-25, you know the entitled. Next time just ignore it. Not trying to start a mix up. Just ignore it next time. Please do not waste your time with me and my silly questions.

1) Wrong.

2) You have 2600 posts but you're too big a lazy ass to look it up yourself because you're too busy negotiating 5 million dollar software deals over the phone??? put the mirror away, Mr. Vain.

3) Just trying to decide who the next 18 year old to fail is? Wow, Mr Positive Outlook. Glad to see not only do you waste other people's time, but your own as well. Shocking, considering how self-important you are.