Official Draft Talk Thread

farmteam

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
1) Wrong.

2) You have 2600 posts but you're too big a lazy ass to look it up yourself because you're too busy negotiating 5 million dollar software deals over the phone???  put the mirror away, Mr. Vain.

3) Just trying to decide who the next 18 year old to fail is?  Wow, Mr Positive Outlook.  Glad to see not only do you waste other people's time, but your own as well.  Shocking, considering how self-important you are.

Look this could turn ugly fast, you started it and for the sake of this thread which seems to be productive on the draft, I will disperse. You are way off on your comments. I am not vain, convicted maybe, but not vain. I am not lazy, Just do not have the time, I said ignore me next time, please take the advice. You have more interest and time following the kids, thats great, I do not have as much. I asked a simple question, you took exception, and jason provided the answer. It was nice of him to do that. I thanked him and I get crap from you. I explained my reasoning, and you threw it in my face. The reasoning is still true despite what you think. again I ask for you to put me on ignore, I do not want to waste your time.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Ya know yea I am lazy, I am actually trying to juggle finding out about which 18 year old is going to fail next while negotiating software deals for 5 million dollars over a conference call. So Ya I am a bit lazy, I am old also, and have limited time. I do try my best though.

Im on placeware closing a software deal as well, I still looked up his numbers. ;)

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
And I've posted a scouting report for each one right after it was posted that he was picked.

Anyone else have an issue here?

Sorry, just saw it and I had to go back to be sure who you were talking about, no biggie, but the names to keep track of is growing and a scouting report without the associated name threw me for a brief loop. That's all. Didn't think it was a big deal, but going on 40 pages of draft talk, thought it would be easier to keep things straight, especially as the reports start getting more and more generic.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
Sorry, just saw it and I had to go back to be sure who you were talking about, no biggie, but the names to keep track of is growing and a scouting report without the associated name threw me for a brief loop.  That's all.  Didn't think it was a big deal, but going on 40 pages of draft talk, thought it would be easier to keep things straight, especially as the reports start getting more and more generic.

Alright I will post names from now on, my bad

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
I was joking quick, relax, I was poking fun at Mr Midol who is attacking you.

careful rock you might be next. You have a lot of posts as well. PS I think we bought placeware. Its not called that anymore!

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
careful rock you might be next. You have a lot of posts as well. PS I think we bought placeware. Its not called that anymore!

Yeah I know, I still call it by the old name. Im on live office and placeware all day in con-calls consulting with our software. Sometimes I hear the automated responses in my sleep.

Israel Chirino

MLB.COM

COMMENT: Medium build. Strong. Wide back. Similar to a stronger Billy Wagner. Live FB, throws a two-seamer that runs on RHH and bores to LHH. CB has a quick 3/4 break w/ tight rotation. Change-up has deception. Mixes pitches well. Very good athlete.

Guest JimH

I want to thank those who have been providing draft updates, looking up obscure statistics, and commenting on the players they know.

Also, personally I feel there is nothing wrong with asking about a current Sox minor leaguer who was mentioned by Jason as a comparison to a draftee during this lengthy thread. This board is for learning. If all the info about a guy was posted in this thread and someone didn't take the time to read the damn thread, that's one thing. I ask questions about our minor league guys all the time at the spur of the moment and I certainly don't expect to be characterized or called names for doing so ... that is not what SoxTalk is all about.

LOL, I am sticking up for a guy I argue with all the time. Let's buy the devils some ice skates.

By the way, the person in question is far from lazy and far from conceited. A little odd sometimes, but hey. :D And now he will start arguing with me for sticking my nose in. Can't win ... or at least I let him think that. :D

Back on topic, I like what the Sox are doing today, I have no issues with it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
I want to thank those who have been providing draft updates, looking up obscure statistics, and commenting on the players they know.

Also, personally I feel there is nothing wrong with asking about a current Sox minor leaguer who was mentioned by Jason as a comparison to a draftee during this lengthy thread.  This board is for learning.  If all the info about a guy was posted in this thread and someone didn't take the time to read the damn thread, that's one thing.  I ask questions about our minor league guys all the time at the spur of the moment and I certainly don't expect to be characterized or called names for doing so ... that is not what SoxTalk is all about.

LOL, I am sticking up for a guy I argue with all the time.  Let's buy the devils some ice skates.

By the way, the person in question is far from lazy and far from conceited.  A little odd sometimes, but hey. :D And now he will start arguing with me for sticking my nose in.  Can't win ... or at least I let him think that. :D

Back on topic, I like what the Sox are doing today, I have no issues with it.

Hey had to start dinner for the kids, Nikki with t Ball tonight. See you at 8:15, Nice post by the way. Nice to see you understand the Real me! ( The Who)

Guest JimH
Hey had to start dinner for the kids, Nikki with t Ball tonight. See you at 8:15, Nice post by the way. Nice to see you understand the Real me! ( The Who)

"I'm CRAZY ma, help me."

"I know how ya feel son, it runs in the family."

Guest JimH
White Sox select...Sheldon Catchot from Delgado JC, LHP

WTF 2 guys from one JC?

11 picks 9 pitches, IIRC

This is where the area scouts really start pitching their favorites to Duane Shafer and the other Sox draft brass. The area scouts and maybe their direct supervisor are probably the only Sox personnel who've seen these guys once you start getting this far into the draft.