Who would you rather keep Hurt or Jurassic

GreatScott82

Who would you rather keep if KW decides to trade Frank or Carl by the trade deadline. ( I guess Ozzie is having too many headaches having both on the team)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather keep if KW decides to trade Frank or Carl by the trade deadline. ( I guess Ozzie is having too many headaches having both on the team)

• Carl "Jurassic" Everett
    • Frank "The Big Hurt" Thomas

Frank can not be traded.

Not only is he potentially a much better hitter than Everett (strange using potential for a player like Frank, but injuries make nothing for sure.) He also is the best player many of the younger Sox fans have ever seen.

With attendance up, the Sox starting to get national recognition. You do not trade the player who brought you to the dance. Im sorry, Everett is just a more expensive Gload, and there is really no need for him on the team.

Imagine the negative press.

SB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
i think one of the ESPN broadcasts brought that stat up.  I wouldnt even know where to find a stat like that.

I'll have your stats and eat them too...

Back in the early part of the year, ESPN took a look at a few of these categories in their "Hot stove heaters" feature. Some of the things they looked at were most pitches per at bat, fewest strikes taken as called strikes, etc.

Uribe appears on none of them. So he's somewhere lost in the pack. A.J. and Dye get their names on a couple of the lists, if you're interested.

Who would you rather keep if KW decides to trade Frank or Carl by the trade deadline.

Until this becomes something other than rumor, any speculation is pointless, IMO. The Sox need both players, and I hope that they both remain on the team.

Edited by nvxplorer

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
I'll have your stats and eat them too...

Back in the early part of the year, ESPN took a look at a few of these categories in their "Hot stove heaters" feature.  Some of the things they looked at were most pitches per at bat, fewest strikes taken as called strikes, etc.

Uribe appears on none of them.  So he's somewhere lost in the pack.  A.J. and Dye get their names on a couple of the lists, if you're interested.

I bet DJ fed me that stat. :lol:

I said Null vote because I can't decide.

Yeah Frank basically IS White Sox baseball and has been since like 1990 he is defenitely injury prone these days and that being the case you need a guy like Carl around to pick up the slack if we lose Frank again.

Thing about Carl is that he can play the field, even though he scares me out there sometimes, whereas Frank will never play the field again.

How bout we keep em both and ship Timo as far away from Chicago as we possibly can?

QUOTE(diehard chisox 1427 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
I don't know if this was posted yet and sorry if it was, but I heard from somewhere, I cannot remember where, that if Frank was traded, the team that acquired him automatically had to pick up his contract for next year which is like 12 mil or something.  That might be hard to hand off to someone.  Later Carl.

Bill

Yes it was posted, and nobody is trading either one of these guys. :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger