MLB has it in for Sox

DBAHO

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
Everett sounds like he's trying out to become a member of the Cubs.  His theories seem like they fit perfectly with Dusty's style.

:D I think you may be on to something.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
so you want a balanced schedule and to eliminate all divisions(basically). Your handle describes the situation perfectly. A longshot.

Well, I didn't say it was probable - I just said it was the best possible scenario.

lose the unbalanced shedules!

The only real gripe I have about the schedule is in April. I can't stand opening a series with an off-day following the first game. It's not slanted towards the Twins & Yankees out of favoritism to them. It's based on minimizing rain outs for the start of the season. At least that's what I've heard & read. If for some reason the CSox opener were rained out they would play it the next day (the 1st off-day). But that just shows ignorance to the technical marvel that is the Cell. It's considered one of the best drainage parks in the majors.

They open those series that way so that more teams have home openers without sharing the spotlight with a full schedule. Look at what happened this year. Opening game on Sunday night, then a few more openers on Monday. Tuesday was generally an off day for those that opened on Monday, while the rest of the teams opened. That pattern usually carries over to the second series of the season to get the teams that opened on the road the same benefits with their respective home openers. You also can factor in the weather as a reason, since if a home opener is cancelled, they can make it up the next day.