NCAA Football 2006

I was HIGHLY disappointed with last year's game the first few weeks I had it. Too much attention to the gizmos and gadgets and the gameplay suffered bigtime (especially offense). However, after I got sick of Madden this game grew on me...but I'm really hoping for gameplay improvements. Speed the game up, let receivers actually catch the ball, and pay less attention to shaky screens and such.

The new features sound pretty cool, and if it plays like Madden did last year I'm gonna have lots of fun with it. Hopefully they bulked up recruiting a bit too. Either way, I'm excited for this game if only for the fact that Iv(being the crusty old senior RA I am) get to pound on his over-confident freshmen. :P

EDIT: After checking the videos out I'm REALLY excited. The gamespeed looks good, and the game itself has a great look.

Edited by Fotop

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
I was HIGHLY disappointed with last year's game the first few weeks I had it. Too much attention to the gizmos and gadgets and the gameplay suffered bigtime (especially offense). However, after I got sick of Madden this game grew on me...but I'm really hoping for gameplay improvements. Speed the game up, let receivers actually catch the ball, and pay less attention to shaky screens and such.

The new features sound pretty cool, and if it plays like Madden did last year I'm gonna have lots of fun with it. Hopefully they bulked up recruiting  a bit too. Either way, I'm excited for this game if only for the fact that Iv(being the crusty old senior RA I am) get to pound on his over-confident freshmen. :P

EDIT: After checking the videos out I'm REALLY excited. The gamespeed looks good, and the game itself has a great look.

interesting you say that.

I just pulled out last year's version and played a game....it's really not that good.

what's with the 2-3 second delay after every play?

the passing game is pretty impossible on heisman, i'll have to try AA again.

The crowd control is a good idea, but doesn't work too great.

I played it on hesiman, took me a couple seasons to master it, but the only way to pass on hesiman was to throw deep balls to your speedy, tall receivers. 33% you'll be able to get it if you have decent receivers. Other than that, nope there's no way to pass. Oh and don't even think about running unless you have a sick running back.

One thing I wish they'd fix is how awesome scrambling QBs are. Really good ones are impossible to stop, and I always recruit the fastest QBs you can find. Make linebackers quicker, make spy plays actually work, something needs to be changed there because snapping in the shotgun and running with the QB is what almost everyone does.

But like I said, I watched a few of the videos and the game looks much improved. I'm really hoping this one lives up to the hype, because this series is my favorite of the EA sports games.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
I played it on hesiman, took me a couple seasons to master it, but the only way to pass on hesiman was to throw deep balls to your speedy, tall receivers. 33% you'll be able to get it if you have decent receivers. Other than that, nope there's no way to pass. Oh and don't even think about running unless you have a sick running back.

One thing I wish they'd fix is how awesome scrambling QBs are. Really good ones are impossible to stop, and I always recruit the fastest QBs you can find.  Make linebackers quicker, make spy plays actually work, something needs to be changed there because snapping in the shotgun and running with the QB is what almost everyone does.

But like I said, I watched a few of the videos and the game looks much improved. I'm really hoping this one lives up to the hype, because this series is my favorite of the EA sports games.

i'm actually tihnking of pulling out '04 and seeing how that played.

Gameplay-wise '04 was ridiculously good. Graphics-wise, it was pretty bad. '04 is defintely my favorite in the series though, that's why my expectations were so high for last year/this year's game.

If this game can be on the same level as '04 when it comes to gameplay and have a few new nice bells and whistles....well you probably won't be seeing me for a couple months. :P

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
also, this will be the last generation of EA football on the PS2.

should be interesting after that.

I'd assume they'd continue to make NCAA for the next gen systems though...it's not like they have to worry about the NFL license when it comes to college games. If they do make NCAA for the next gen I can't wait to see what they churn out for the 360. :headbang

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
Why not?

there hasn't been one thing that has made me want a gamecube.

i only have a ps2, but my roomate had an xbox and it was pretty cool

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
why in god's anem do you have a gamecube?

Because of the exclusive games I own:

Mario Kart: DD

Zelda: Windwaker

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2

Animal Crossing

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Resident Evil

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

F-Zero

Ikaruga

Eternal Darkness

Rogue Squadron 2

Along with getting to play RE4 and Viewtiful Joe almost a year before they made their way to any other system, and having the best character in Soul Calibur 2...

Not to mention the top-notch exclusives I don't own, and I am able to play most sports games (minus the ps2-slow load times) since many make their way to all platforms (and there's an adapter to hook up ps2 controllers for those who prefer that set-up).

To each his own, but that's why I own a Gamecube.

well.......i really am not a huge videogamer for anything besides sports games.

GTA is really the only non-sports game i don't play.

So those are some good reasons to not have a gamecube.