6/14/05 Game Thread

kev211

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Williams is on the phone as we speak.  I can smell something coming.  Could be wrong, just a feeling.  Sox are playing shorthanded, he needs to fix it and he will try hard to get it done.

I agree Jim, I can almost taste a trade.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
I see your catching up on the thread but I agree with fathom, both the cubans throw alot of pitches and put people on base. They do get out of jams many times, but the point is they get in too many jams. Its seems they are always pitching with runners on base.

I agree about Hernandez but Contreras' WHIP is 1.21 (15th best in the AL). How is that putting people on base?

El Duque's is 1.63 for comparison.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
I agree about Hernandez but Contreras' WHIP is 1.21 (15th best in the AL). How is that putting people on base?

El Duque's is 1.63 for comparison.

what I can tell you is what I watch, I see runners on base alot when they pitch. I stand by my observation. You can disagree, doesn't bother me.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Hmm, let's see, did I mention Gonzalez, let me check.

No I did not.

John Grabow.  He is serviceable and can fill multiple roles.

True, you didn't. But alot of people here seem to think gonzalez is available ( who is lefty also ).

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Shingo looks like he may have found his release point...he looks better in his past 2 outings...hopefully it leads to better things for him.

He is in a mop up role, not closing. Its a huge difference. PS Giants with man on in the 11th.

True, you didn't. But alot of people here seem to think gonzalez is available ( who is lefty also ).

I agree on Gonzalez, if you are saying he is likely not available. I don't think he is. Grabow I think they would trade if the got the right piece in return.

He is in a mop up role, not closing. Its a huge difference. PS Giants with man on in the 11th.

Let me throw this name out there, thought you would have bitten on this when I posted it before. Jamie Moyer. Available? Not available? Good fit here? You know Williams has always wanted him.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)

I realize that but he seems to be hitting his spots better and throwing more strikes esp with his breaking stuff....which is a huge difference from earlier...either way hopefully he gets it back the bullpen will need him.

I realize that but he seems to be hitting his spots better and throwing more strikes esp with his breaking stuff....which is a huge difference from earlier...either way hopefully he gets it back the bullpen will need him.

The bullpen will need him ... or somebody else. Not trying to be doomsday here but the sooner the better.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Let me throw this name out there, thought you would have bitten on this when I posted it before.  Jamie Moyer.  Available?  Not available?  Good fit here?  You know Williams has always wanted him.

I think he has a no trade. but I like the thinking. I don't think he will come here, he is really settled in seattle.

I think he has a no trade. but I like the thinking. I don't think he will come here, he is really settled in seattle.

Good point, but KW is persuasive.

Not necessarily Moyer but a guy like that. A veteran with a rubber arm. Hate to mention his name but a Mullholland type guy, just saying his type.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
The bullpen will need him ... or somebody else.  Not trying to be doomsday here but the sooner the better.

I agree I hope he departs soon. PS twins coming up tied. Its not good. I don't have a good feeling.

The one guy from the bullpen I wouldn't mind seeing traded is Marte...he is a total enigma..one day unhittable and the next getting rocked....the only problem is who do they get to replace him in the pen and who will trade a lefty for him...I would love to see Guardado but not sure if Seattle would trade him or not...

The one guy from the bullpen I wouldn't mind seeing traded is Marte...he is a total enigma..one day unhittable and the next getting rocked....the only problem is who do they get to replace him in the pen and who will trade a lefty for him...I would love to see Guardado but not sure if Seattle would trade him or not...

Let's get Lindsay Lohan. She will drool the hitters to death.