6/14/05 Game Thread

kev211

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
Where is dbaho when you need him? Getting sick of that slacker. :headshake

Hey 2 finals on the one day excuse me (my right wrist sounds like a cement mixer after writing about 25 pages in 6 hours today). :P

I hope our guys start to work on hitting line drives instead of trying to pull and elevate every single pitch in every single AB.

Uribe hopefully keeps up the good work over the last few games. Going the other way and working the count.

El Duque needs to pitch better than his crappy cuban companion from last night. Hopefully the wind isnt blowing out. He needs to pitch ahead and stay ahead. This falling behind every single hitter so they can sit and wait to drive one is not cool.

Its June and this offense needs to show it can be consistant. It has been great for a game, then crappy for a few.

Gooch is trying to pull the ball too much, Walker must of gotten his Japanese to English Pull dictionary.

Now Arow is trying to tinker with his swing. :puke

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:00 AM)
IIRC Vazquez owned us last year.

Vazquez owned us last year before his season fell apart. He owned everyone for like the first half of the season, then he completely crashed and burned. He has had good stretches with Arizona, but he hasn't been so utterly dominant like he was against us in over a year. I don't think he's the same pitcher he was before going to NY.

And on top of that...people keep telling me that "Speed doesn't go into slumps", so if this lineup truly has some speed, we should be able to work around a good pitching performance every now and then. Unlike last year, when a good pitching performance would kill us.

As Star Wars characters would say: "I have a bad feeling about this"

Vazquez did own us last year. But hopefully, he pitches like he did in the playoffs.

El Duque has been less than sharp since his return.

It was rather embarrassing to have a guy like Shawn Estes pitch like he did last night (first CG in two years), but those things happen over the course of the year. Hopefully, the offense wakes up tonight. If not, we have Russ Ortiz tomorrow.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
Vazquez owned us last year before his season fell apart.  He owned everyone for like the first half of the season, then he completely crashed and burned.  He has had good stretches with Arizona, but he hasn't been so utterly dominant like he was against us in over a year.  I don't think he's the same pitcher he was before going to NY.

And on top of that...people keep telling me that "Speed doesn't go into slumps", so if this lineup truly has some speed, we should be able to work around a good pitching performance every now and then.  Unlike last year, when a good pitching performance would kill us.

This season for like 5 or 6 straight starts he didn't allow one walk and struck out about 40 batters. His K:BB ratio is 72:11. His last start wasn't as dominant, so this game shouldn't be easy for the Sox.

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
This season for like 5 or 6 straight starts he didn't allow one walk and struck out about 40 batters. His K:BB ratio is 72:11. His last start wasn't as dominant, so this game shouldn't be easy for the Sox.

I wasn't expecting him to be easy (although he has had a few starts worthy of Jose Canseco's performance yesterday), but I'm expecting us to have a chance against him.

His hot streak was I believe 7 starts in late April and May. Everyone goes through streaks. Let's hope he's starting a bad one.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
I wasn't expecting him to be easy (although he has had a few starts worthy of Jose Canseco's performance yesterday), but I'm expecting us to have a chance against him.

His hot streak was I believe 7 starts in late April and May.  Everyone goes through streaks.  Let's hope he's starting a bad one.

Yeah, just as whitesoxin' said, he is either going to go 8 innings or not do as well. We should have a chance against him, it just matters if he is on or off his game tonight.

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Yeah, just as whitesoxin' said, he is either going to go 8 innings or not do as well. We should have a chance against him, it just matters if he is on or off his game tonight.

If shaun estes can throw a great game agaist us, imagine what vazquez can do.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
Hopefully they have Vazquez refusing to play for the Sox in the back of their heads, and take it out on him.

Vazquez would be a White Sox if we sent him the card in your avatar. We Cho CHo CHOOSE You :lol:

I mean who wouldn't that convince? :huh

Hopefully yesterday they were just tired due to the flight from San Diego and hopefully Contreras got his 1 bad game out of him this year. I expect each starter to have at least 1 or 2 of those this year. And when I mean bad game I mean give up 6 runs or more. I see the Sox playing small today vs Vazquez for the win. We need El-duque to hold em to at least 3 today. Any ideas on the line up yet?

I can see this:

1. Pods LF

2. Gooch 2B

3. A-Row CF

4. Pauly 1B

5. Crazy Carl DH

6. Dye RF

7. A.J. C

8. Crede 3B

9. Uribe SS

No surprises. Frank will probably miss a game or 2.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
Hopefully yesterday they were just tired due to the flight from San Diego and hopefully Contreras got his 1 bad game out of him this year. I expect each starter to have at least 1 or 2 of those this year. And when I mean bad game I mean give up 6 runs or more. I see the Sox playing small today vs Vazquez for the win. We need El-duque to hold em to at least 3 today. Any ideas on the line up yet?

I can see this:

1. Pods LF

2. Gooch 2B

3. A-Row CF

4. Pauly 1B

5. Crazy Carl DH

6. Dye RF

7. A.J. C

8. Crede 3B

9. Uribe SS

No surprises. Frank will probably miss a game or 2.

I dont think Carl is going to play a 3rd straight day. Frank will probaly play DH.