6/14/05 Game Thread

kev211

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Well, the guy is 7-1.  I'd say it was a pretty good move.  Its not like its he's killing our payroll either.

He has been lucky and getting run support...

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
Well, the guy is 7-1.  I'd say it was a pretty good move.  Its not like its he's killing our payroll either.

If Duque can finish the season with an ERA under 5 and end up with 12 wins, I'll be very surprised and thrilled with what he contributed. He's been so incredibly lucky to have the record and ERA he has this season. He's benefit the most from Ozzie liking to keep his starter in so long.

why is rowand playing so shallow if there is two outs. He wouldnt be able to throw out the guy at home. Now he makes it easy for the ball to go past him and let pieces of sh** like Clayton get a triple. ugh :angry:

We better not lose this game cause lose a series to the diamondbacks, they're not horrible but they're certainly not great. I mean come on.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
why is rowand playing so shallow if there is two outs.  He wouldnt be able to throw out the guy at home.  Now he makes it easy for the ball to go past him and let pieces of sh** like Clayton get a triple.  ugh :angry:

We better not lose this game cause lose a series to the diamondbacks,  they're not horrible but they're certainly not great.  I mean come on.

DBacks are not a very good match-up for us in terms of their hitting. They have a bunch of solid lefty hitters to go against our 3 righty starters this week. If we can go 1-2 against them this series, it wont be the worst thing in the world.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
For the love of our bullpen though, Ozzie needs to alter the rotation so the two Cubans dont pitch back-to-back.

Good point. These 2 need to be broken apart in the rotation. Definitely the 2 weakest links in the chain.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
But it kind of seems like he's getting gradually worse.

He gives up about 3 or 4 runs every game. He's always been like this. Believe me, I think he's hard to watch too, but he's a big game pitcher. I think we'll be glad we have him down the stretch.

And if he totally flops from now till the end of his contract, its just two years. I just think the money and the years are fairly low risk.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
I wish this ump was calling the same strikes for both pitchers. :angry:

There was one pitch earlier on Counsell that I thought should have been called a strike. However, the pitch that Hawk was whining about wouldn't have been called a strike by a majority of the MLB umps. Look at Vazquez's walk numbers in comparison with Duque's.....Vazquez will get the benefit of the doubt a lot more than Duque will.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
If Duque can finish the season with an ERA under 5 and end up with 12 wins, I'll be very surprised and thrilled with what he contributed.  He's been so incredibly lucky to have the record and ERA he has this season.  He's benefit the most from Ozzie liking to keep his starter in so long.

Who should we have signed instead for $8 million over 2 years?

I have gameday up, following the Twins. Notice the twinkies already have 2 errors tonight. Is it me or are they racking up a lot of errors this year? Maybe their defense will be what keeps the Sox ahead of them all year?

:huh

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
they will quickly need to decide how long they will go with El Duque tonight. We cannot continue to dig ourselves in a hole.

Shouldn't be too much longer. He is only 16 pitches short of 100 at the moment.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:30 AM)
As much as we're all complaining about El Duque tonight I am sure he will be money for us in the playoffs.

Unless we have massive injuries, if we make the playoffs, I don't want Duque close to pitching in a playoff game. Am I the only one that thinks he just has nothing left? Dear lord, that's now 12 baserunners he's allowed in 4.1 innings tonight.