Daigle En Fuego

BlackBetsy

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
BECAUSE THERE IS NOWHERE TO PLAY HIM IN BIRMINGHAM!

When a guy performs as Daigle has and there's no room for him at the next level, you have to be impressed with the depth of our organization.

We once again have a minor league system that we can be proud of.

BECAUSE THERE IS NOWHERE TO PLAY HIM IN BIRMINGHAM!

OK, except for the fact that Rogo should be promoted to Charlotte to take the spot of the AAAA player there now. Is the Charlotte team that desperate for "stars" that they have to keep guys like Toca around and keep Rogo down?

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
OK, except for the fact that Rogo should be promoted to Charlotte to take the spot of the AAAA player there now.  Is the Charlotte team that desperate for "stars" that they have to keep guys like Toca around and keep Rogo down?

When the half-season is over, folks... sheeesh. Daigle is a 25 year-old marginal or non-prospect. Rogo is a legit prospect. You don't f*** with Rogowski just to promote Daigle. Sheeesh.

I know he deserves to move up, but there has to be room, people. These teams are also in races for first-half championships (guarantees playoffs), so there is a reason why people haven't been shuffled around yet.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
When the half-season is over, folks... sheeesh.  Daigle is a 25 year-old marginal or non-prospect.  Rogo is a legit prospect.  You don't f*** with Rogowski just to promote Daigle.  Sheeesh.

I know he deserves to move up, but there has to be room, people.  These teams are also in races for first-half championships (guarantees playoffs), so there is a reason why people haven't been shuffled around yet.

Preaching to the choir Randar. Folks gotta look at why a guy like Daigle is even in the system, he is there to make a class A team competitive. We need guys like these, and no matter how well they perform, they have a role. The guy has played AA before and there are reasons he was cut by another org.

Preaching to the choir Randar. Folks gotta look at why a guy like Daigle is even in the system, he is there to make a class A team competitive. We need guys like these, and no matter how well they perform, they have a role. The guy has played AA before and there are reasons he was cut by another org.

Fair enough, but isn't it also possible that Daigle has actually improved, and may have a chance at helping the Sox? If that's a possibility, wouldn't you want to find out?

There are more than a few players who struggled in the low minors before "figuring it out." Maggs is an example after repeating Hickory (although he was a year or two younger at the time).

By the way, Rogo will be a non-prospect like Daigle soon (he's 24 now). In fact, if you look at the 3-year repeat of W-S for Rogo, you could compare him to Daigle pretty easily. Not to take anything away from Rogo, I think he's a good talent and I love his plate discipline.

I'm not saying Daigle isn't a dubious prospect based on age and the fact that he was cut by another organization (although any MLB team could have picked up Maggs before the 1997 season, too). But his numbers are SO eye-popping as to warrant seeing whether he really has turned a corner.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Fair enough, but isn't it also possible that Daigle has actually improved, and may have a chance at helping the Sox?  If that's a possibility, wouldn't you want to find out?

There are more than a few players who struggled in the low minors before "figuring it out."  Maggs is an example after repeating Hickory (although he was a year or two younger at the time). 

By the way, Rogo will be a non-prospect like Daigle soon (he's 24 now).  In fact, if you look at the 3-year repeat of W-S for Rogo, you could compare him to Daigle pretty easily.  Not to take anything away from Rogo, I think he's a good talent and I love his plate discipline.

I'm not saying Daigle isn't a dubious prospect based on age and the fact that he was cut by another organization (although any MLB team could have picked up Maggs before the 1997 season, too).  But his numbers are SO eye-popping as to warrant seeing whether he really has turned a corner.

Well sure, never say never. I would agree, give him a shot, but wait for midseason break before taking away Kanny's big stick, same with Bham and Rogo, wait for break in season. I have no qualms releasing Toca to make room for Rogo. I would rather play all prospects all the time, but our records would suffer and no AAA city would want our franchise loading their teams.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
By the way, Rogo will be a non-prospect like Daigle soon (he's 24 now).  In fact, if you look at the 3-year repeat of W-S for Rogo, you could compare him to Daigle pretty easily.  Not to take anything away from Rogo, I think he's a good talent and I love his plate discipline.

:huh

Rogo is 24 in AA after spending good parts of 2 years on the DL or nursing injuries and playing just one healthy full-season in W-S.

He's also hitting .330 in AA, yet you don't care because Daigle, a 25-year old with AA experience, is hitting the cover off the ball in Winston-Salem and have gone on some kind of crusade to promote him for some unknown reason.

How many HR's do you think he'd have in AA in a MUCH bigger park and less of a hitter's league?

Sheeesh.

Rogo's career numbers:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/casey_rogowski.shtml

Daigle's career numbers:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/leo_daigle.shtml

That's an easy comparison to make? In Daigle's full-season in AA he hit .238 while Rogo is hitting well over .300. Meanwhile, Rogo JUST turned 24 while Daigle is just a couple months from turning 26. This is Daigle's 6th *bleeping* year in A ball and a whole year in AA too!

Sheeesh, this infatuation is utterly nonsensical. Coming into this year he had almost 2600 minor league at-bats with a whopping .262 career average and .749 OPS.

Meanwhile, Rogo, who was drafted out of HS (to Daigle's college experience) came in as a very raw kid with a predominantly wrestling and football background, lost a ton of in-season and off-season development time (extremely important to young/raw prospect as that is when most individual work is done) due to injury. He had merely 1,000 career minor league AB's heading into this season, and was a .270 hitter with a .800+OPS and a great OBP along the way...

Yet, it's an easy comparison? LMFAO. Easy as in "Graduationg from Harvard in 2 years is easy"?

Put your freaking crack pipe down and stop creaming yourself over a career minor leaguer.

Edited by Randar68

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)

Rogo is 24 in AA after spending good parts of 2 years on the DL or nursing injuries and playing just one healthy full-season in W-S.

He's also hitting .330 in AA, yet you don't care because Daigle, a 25-year old with AA experience, is hitting the cover off the ball in Winston-Salem and have gone on some kind of crusade to promote him for some unknown reason.

How many HR's do you think he'd have in AA in a MUCH bigger park and less of a hitter's league?

Sheeesh.

Rogo's career numbers:

Daigle's career numbers:

That's an easy comparison to make?  In Daigle's full-season in AA he hit .238 while Rogo is hitting well over .300.  Meanwhile, Rogo JUST turned 24 while Daigle is just a couple months from turning 26.  This is Daigle's 6th *bleeping* year in A ball and a whole year in AA too!

Sheeesh, this infatuation is utterly nonsensical.  Coming into this year he had almost 2600 minor league at-bats with a whopping .262 career average and .749 OPS.

Meanwhile, Rogo, who was drafted out of HS (to Daigle's college experience) came in as a very raw kid with a predominantly wrestling and football background, lost a ton of in-season and off-season development time (extremely important to young/raw prospect as that is when most individual work is done) due to injury.  He had merely 1,000 career minor league AB's heading into this season, and was a .270 hitter with a .800+OPS and a great OBP along the way...

Yet, it's an easy comparison?  LMFAO.  Easy as in "Graduationg from Harvard in 2 years is easy"?

Put your freaking crack pipe down and stop creaming yourself over a career minor leaguer.

Jeesh Randar, I guess I am not over here enough to know if you two have a running feud, but that is not a very nice response???

QUOTE(MnSoxFan @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Jeesh Randar, I guess I am not over here enough to know if you two have a running feud, but that is not a very nice response???

It was a rude reply, I admit, but I get VERY frustrated by nonsensical back-up QB thinking. The whole "Rogo and Daigle are very easy to compare" crap really set me off.

There are just a couple of people here that refuse to look at the bigger picture involved and instead would rather run around in multiple threads b****ing about how Leo Daigle should be promoted, regardless of the situation at other levels or other players that would be affected or have to be promoted first, or the , now going so far as trying to draw a ludicrous comparison between a freshly-turned-24 legit prospect tearing up AA to a near-26 year old career minor leaguer in the middle of his 6th full season in A-ball...

:chair

It was a rude reply, I admit, but I get VERY frustrated by nonsensical back-up QB thinking.  The whole "Rogo and Daigle are very easy to compare" crap really set me off.

There are just a couple of people here that refuse to look at the bigger picture involved and instead would rather run around in multiple threads b****ing about how Leo Daigle should be promoted, regardless of the situation at other levels or other players that would be affected or have to be promoted first, or the , now going so far as trying to draw a ludicrous comparison between a freshly-turned-24 legit prospect tearing up AA to a near-26 year old career minor leaguer in the middle of his 6th full season in A-ball...

:chair

Randar, you should hang out in the game threads sometimes, LOL. Talk about running around in multiple threads b****ing. :lol:

You are very familiar with the minor leagues and how things work, i.e. waiting until after the 1st half is over to shuffle players, etc. To be frank, most here aren't familiar with the minor leagues, so their comments about promoting Daigle are valid from their perspective. IMO this part of the site requires a bit more patience due to posters' unfamiliarity with how the minor leagues work. I agree completely that a guy like Daigle is there to ensure W-S fields a competitive team, in addition to hopefully providing some veteran leadership.

Totally agree on Rogowski but most here don't know he missed major time with injuries.

On the same note, look at Charlotte, that's why Wilder went out and got all the retread veterans like R. Brown, Norton, Gutierrez, etc. The people in Charlotte want a competitive team for their fans, it's only fair. I highly doubt any of those guys will surface with the White Sox unless there's a dire emergency, they are there to boost Charlotte.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)

Sheeesh.

Rogo's career numbers:

Daigle's career numbers:

That's an easy comparison to make?  In Daigle's full-season in AA he hit .238 while Rogo is hitting well over .300.  Meanwhile, Rogo JUST turned 24 while Daigle is just a couple months from turning 26.  This is Daigle's 6th *bleeping* year in A ball and a whole year in AA too!

Sheeesh, this infatuation is utterly nonsensical.  Coming into this year he had almost 2600 minor league at-bats with a whopping .262 career average and .749 OPS.

Meanwhile, Rogo, who was drafted out of HS (to Daigle's college experience) came in as a very raw kid with a predominantly wrestling and football background, lost a ton of in-season and off-season development time (extremely important to young/raw prospect as that is when most individual work is done) due to injury.  He had merely 1,000 career minor league AB's heading into this season, and was a .270 hitter with a .800+OPS and a great OBP along the way...

Yet, it's an easy comparison?  LMFAO.  Easy as in "Graduationg from Harvard in 2 years is easy"?

Well yeahthat's all well and good, but Daigle's brother is married to Jenny Finch!! I think we got the wrong Daigle, but that still has to count for something, doesn't it? ;-)

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Well yeahthat's all well and good, but Daigle's brother is married to Jenny Finch!!  I think we got the wrong Daigle, but that still has to count for something, doesn't it?  ;-)

:lolhitting Line of the day!

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
Daigle went 5-6 today? Is this true?

Yes, and hit for the cycle.

I always remember thinking Ron Kittle was going to bust, since he had been released by another org before we had him, and thought his parks he played in helped him out. He reminded me of an ex-Knoxville star who hit 35+ homers one year, I think his name was Hoffman. Anyway, even tho I think Kittle was very overrated, he did do well in majors.

So a guy like Daigle could breakout, as much as Randar and I and many others doubt. It would be a great story.

Randar is shooing away Daigle far too early. How many times have we seen a Scott Seabol or Joe Dillon toil away in the minors for years only to break out in their mid to late 20s or even early 30s? Daigle might have turned a corner, and then again it took Rogowski three years to move on past High-A. Randar seemingly pisses on everyone without really thinking about the other side of the coin, when the likelihood of Daigle perhaps becoming somewhat productive in the high levels of minor league baseball isn't too shabby.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)
Randar is shooing away Daigle far too early. How many times have we seen a Scott Seabol or Joe Dillon toil away in the minors for years only to break out in their mid to late 20s or even early 30s? Daigle might have turned a corner, and then again it took Rogowski three years to move on past High-A. Randar seemingly pisses on everyone without really thinking about the other side of the coin, when the likelihood of Daigle perhaps becoming somewhat productive in the high levels of minor league baseball isn't too shabby.

Well he hopefully will be better than Brian Becker after he goes up.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)

Only reason it took Rogo so long like its been said before so many times is because of injuries...

Basicly Rogo is a much greater prospect than Daigle and Rogo isnt that high of a prospect so that tells you how much of one Daigle is...

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
Only reason it took Rogo so long like its been said before so many times is because of injuries...

Basicly Rogo is a much greater prospect than Daigle and Rogo isnt that high of a prospect so that tells you how much of one Daigle is...

I don't care how much of a prospect some people think Daigle is, but when you're hitting .367 with an OPS near 1.200 in any level, you have some gas in the tank.