No Gagne in Dodgers series this weekend...

Jabroni

"Gagne likely going back on DL"

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NASApp/m...xt=.jsp&c_id=la

KANSAS CITY -- Dodgers closer Eric Gagne is in all likelihood headed back to the disabled list after an MRI in Kansas City revealed that he has another sprain of the right elbow.

"It's the same situation he was dealing with in Spring Training," manager Jim Tracy said. "He said he felt burning there."

An MRI performed by Dr. Steven Joyce, the Royals' team physician, revealed that Gagne has a second-degree sprain of the ulnar collateral ligament.

Tracy, who sprained his right elbow in his final spring outing and spent the first 35 games on the disabled list, was 8-for-8 in save opportunities. But his velocity had been down.

Tracy said Gagne on Sunday had the best fastball he has seen from his premier closer since Gagne was activated. But after that outing against Minnesota, Gagne complained of the burning sensation in his elbow.

Tracy said Gagne will "more than likely" land on the disabled list. Yhency Brazoban will agan step into the closer's role in Gagne's absence.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
I can't recall anytime in recent memory the Sox organization has had so many things go their way--dating all the way back to the Maggs situation.

Damn. :gosox1:

keep your mouth shut.

you know we're due for something crazy and ridiculous to happen to us.

I was at Dodger Stadium when the Sox were there two years ago. Gagne faced them and let me tell you, no contest. He through about 9 pitches the entire inning. But Brazoban has some good stuff as well.