Pitcher Brendan Donnelly of the Angels was ejected

Spod=Ratings

Pitcher Brendan Donnelly of the Angels was ejected from the game in the top of the 7th inning by third base umpire Dale Scott after an illegal substance was found on his glove. I saw this on Baseball tonight and they said both managers got into a heated arguement and both benches cleared.

Thats why he was licking his fingers after every pitch Vs. the Sox!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
So, the Twins' relievers are on 'roids.  The Angels' relievers use pine tar.  Looks like we've found an explanation for these great bullpens.

Wasn't it Scoscia that was complaining about steroids still being in the system once the 10 day suspension was over? Perhaps he should make sure his own house is in order before throwing stones at someone else's.

More Info

Robinson also accused Donnelly of having sandpaper in his pitching hand as well as pine tar on his glove, though the umpires never got as far as the sandpaper. They ejected Donnelly as soon as they saw a "significant amount" -- according to crew chief Dale Scott -- of pine tar on the heel of the glove.

As for the sandpaper, Robinson theorized Donnelly got rid of it when the umpires were conferring.

"Did you see him leave the mound and walk around?" Robinson said. "He walked out toward second base. He probably gave it to (Adam) Kennedy to put in his pocket."

more at link

And Donnelly probably can expect some time off as well.

"I don't have anything to apologize for," he said. "I didn't even throw a pitch."

He added: "Pine tar is used the same way resin is used, the same way a lot of things are used in baseball. Late in the game, balls tend to get slick because they're not rubbed up. You go to the Midwest (where it's humid and players are sweating) ... people don't want us to hit people in the head."

Werent they in Cali?

I hope the Nationals destroy the Angels tonight.

Donnelly's having a rough year so he's gotta cheat, interesting.

Remember when he kept licking his hand vs. us?

Also - I need to mention that I :wub: Frank Robinson. Awesome guy.

It's especially cool how Shields got rocked. Beautiful.

Wow Scoscia's a b**** whining about Majewski's glove strings. Too bad for Mike Majewski shut them down.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
Isn't it Gary?

But anyway, I never really liked Brendan Donnelly always thought he was kinda cocky s... :finger

Yes, instert a comma after Mike, as in the Angels manager.

Too bad for Mike, Majewski shut them down.

I find it hillarious that the Angels are b****ing about Jose Guillen using his "inside info" to turn in Donnelly. Who the f*** cares, if a guy is cheating, he has no one to blame but himself. I'd put a lot of money on a bet that says there will be a massive brawl between these teams before their series is over.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
Isn't it Gary?

But anyway, I never really liked Brendan Donnelly always thought he was kinda cocky s... :finger

I've talked to some people that played in the Frontier League with Donnelly, and they also say he was just a massive asshole.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
After the way Guillen flipped his bat and started shouting when he went yard off of Shields, I think we'll see him getting plunked tonight.

And is't Colon pitching tonight.. ? That's gonna leave a mark. :o

What a deuche bag Scioscia was. I wasn't at yesterdays game but my dad called me when it happened and god how classless can a manager be.

Fact is his player cheated. Screw Donelly, that type of crap shouldn't be tolerated and to go on and berate Frank Robinson for being a good manager, well f Scioscia.

Next game I'm at Mike is getting a nice long boo out of me. I went to Mondays game and made damn sure to cheer Jose Guillen every at bat. The guy busted his ass in Anaheim and got screwed. I'm 100% on that now, he showed up Mike and upset a few of the pitchers, but bottom line he played hard in Anaheim and he's doing more of the same in Washington.

very amusing, me and a couple other people were at the game the night after donnelly gave up the GW home run to jermaine dye. so when he began warming up the next night ( we were right above the angels dugout) me and my friend said hey donnelly and pointed to the screen where it says that jermaine dye belted a gw homer off donnelly. he gave a little chuckle..... now only if i knew there was pine tar in that glove he was warming up with