White Sox vs. Dodgers 6/18/05 Game Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Thankfully Gagne is hurt, I still think we're going to win.

And earlier in the thread

Wow I've been so busy lately that this is the first game I've sat down and watched (planning on watching the whole thing) since the Cubs series. Not a good start, but I still have a good feeling about it.

I just had a great feeling about the game. Wow, what a team.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
Ozzie still made a mistake throwing Freddy back out there in the 8th inning.  That is irrefutable.  He had 111 pitches at that point and finished with 120.  Is Ozzie Dusty Baker or something?

Maybe he's worried that Contreras is pitching tomorrow and wants to save the BP for tomorrow.

:huh

Still would you take 3 ER from 8IP from Garcia though every time?

Of course, but he should have only gone 7 innings. If we lost that game 3-2, you guys would be reaming Ozzie right now and rightfully so. The offense saved Ozzie's ass from criticism tonight. Period.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Of course, but he should have only gone 7 innings.  If we lost that game 3-2, you guys would be reaming Ozzie right now and rightfully so.  The offense saved Ozzie's ass from criticism tonight.  Period.

Some people would b**** if you hung them with a new rope. :rolly

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
Of course, but he should have only gone 7 innings.  If we lost that game 3-2, you guys would be reaming Ozzie right now and rightfully so.  The offense saved Ozzie's ass from criticism tonight.  Period.

Damn right. Ozzie throwing Garcia out there again just to try to get him a win ( like he always f***ing does ) damn near cost us tonight. All I could think about when the second run came in was Oz's stupidity.

Fortunately I can relax a bit and savor a really kickass win tonight.

And who says that the bullpen would have held the Dodgers in the 8th? Why no mention of Garcia getting their best hitter, JD Drew, out in the 7th when it looked like Ozzie was going to the pen but Freddy told him he felt good? Just quit b****ing and enjoy this sweet victory.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
Good point but Freddy was already at 111 pitches.  Was anyone surprised that he gave up a run in the 8th?

I'm with you....thought it was a bad move. Besides the BP hasn't been used in the last 2 days. DH is getting cobwebs.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
And who says that the bullpen would have held the Dodgers in the 8th? Why no mention of Garcia getting their best hitter, JD Drew, out in the 7th when it looked like Ozzie was going to the pen but Freddy told him he felt good? Just quit b****ing and enjoy this sweet victory.

You're right. I'll save this rant for another day.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)

Kent's double could've been called either way because it hit the chalk. It looked more foul than anything else. If that's called foul, then there is no 3rd run. Garcia struggled in the 1st and the 4th, and was solid for the other 6 innings. If they had lost, it would've been because the Dodgers threw some good pitching out there tonight (except for the 9th of course).

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
We could be going for our 50th win on Friday against the flubs.  How sweet would that be?

:D It is looking like our 50th victory could come against them anyday, not just Friday. That's awesome.

Damn right.  Ozzie throwing Garcia out there again just to try to get him a win ( like he always f***ing does ) damn near cost us tonight.  All I could think about when the second run came in was Oz's stupidity.

Fortunately I can relax a bit and savor a really kickass win tonight.

Yep, it was all about giving Garcia a chance for the win. I'm still happy as f*** with the win though. :headbang

I wasn't around - but after reading this, some of you need to get a f***ing life and quite s***ting on this team every opportunity you get.

What part of a 45-22 record can you not understand?

This team is in damn near every f***ing game, and some of you piss, moan, gripe, b****, and every other negative f***ing adjective on the book.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE f***ING TEAM STOP WATCHING THEM.

/rant over