White Sox vs. Dodgers 6/18/05 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Situational stats show Brazoban gives up most of his runs first pitch.

So, that leads me to believe he throws a lot of first pitch fastballs. Pound that fastball.

I hope Frank is listening.

Now I'm really happy we got that pickoff/caught stealing.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
One running catch. Gimme a break.

I'm not basing it on one running catch. In the few games that Everett has played RF, he has done just as good or better than Dye. Dye has absolutely no range in the field and his arm is nothing close to what it once was.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
I'm not basing it on one running catch.  In the few games that Everett has played RF, he has done just as good or better than Dye.  Dye has absolutely no range in the field and his arm is nothing close to what it once was.

All I've seen Everett do is make routine catches in the outfield. Dye has made diving/sliding catches.

Crede has two hits tonight, he's a better hitter than Ichiro!

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
All I've seen Everett do is make routine catches in the outfield. Dye has made diving/sliding catches.

Dye is sliding or diving most of the time because he's too slow to get to a ball in time. He's so slow out there, it's ridiculous. He looks like he's running in knee-high sand.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)

Dye's sliding and diving catches are so completely unneccessary. He's forced into them because of his horrible reads.

And I'm not saying Carl should be out there, just that Dye hasn't played well at all.

You know this would never happen to our pitchers if the opposition was looking for fastballs and hitting them. Christ, all Brazobahn does is throw first pitch fastballs and you can't do anything with it.

This is frustrating.