White Sox vs. Dodgers 6/18/05 Game Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
I wasn't around - but after reading this, some of you need to get a f***ing life and quite s***ting on this team every opportunity you get.

What part of a 45-22 record can you not understand?

This team is in damn near every f***ing game, and some of you piss, moan, gripe, b****, and every other negative f***ing adjective on the book.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE f***ING TEAM STOP WATCHING THEM.

/rant over

:notworthy

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I wasn't around - but after reading this, some of you need to get a f***ing life and quite s***ting on this team every opportunity you get.

This team is in damn near every f***ing game, and some of you piss, moan, gripe, b****, and every other negative f***ing adjective on the book.

/rant over

Tell us how you really feel Kap.

:lol:

It just drives me crazy to see the negativity.

Look, this team has some issues, and we all hope they get addressed to give us the best shot at a World Series..., right? But this team has heart, and I wish people could recognize that.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)

Look, this team has some issues, and we all hope they get addressed to give us the best shot at a World Series..., right?  But this team has heart, and I wish people could recognize that.

Nobody's debating that fact but they looked like total ass for 8 innings tonight and Garcia being thrown out there in the 8th was abominable.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)

Look, this team has some issues, and we all hope they get addressed to give us the best shot at a World Series..., right?  But this team has heart, and I wish people could recognize that.

23 games over .500 before Father's Day and people STILL think the manager sucks. WTF?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)

Please look at my posts tonight.;)

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Nobody's debating that fact but they looked like total ass for 8 innings tonight and Garcia being thrown out there in the 8th was abominable.

^What he said. Plus, some of us are just normally pessimistic. There are fans of every team that are like that, and there are fans that are normally optimistic. They're all fans, though. People are raised and/or grow differently as fans.

Anyway, :gosox1:

And what the hell, :aussie:

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
He does make stupid decisions and he does repeat mistakes. He doesn't suck though.

You are focusing on the short term instead of the long term. What he does in a specific situation my not seem to be the best move at the time, but in the big picture he's making all the right moves. The players have confidence in themselves and in their teammates. That is the definition of a good manager. Particular instances may not work out, but throughout the course of the season he has proven to right more often than wrong. My proof of that ... 45-22.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
You are focusing on the short term instead of the long term.  What he does in a specific situation my not seem to be the best move at the time, but in the big picture he's making all the right moves.  The players have confidence in themselves and in their teammates.  That is the definition of a good manager.  Particular instances may not work out, but throughout the course of the season he has proven to right more often than wrong.  My proof of that ... 45-22.

Again I dont think he's a bad manager because of his mistakes. He's far and away better than anything we've had in recent history around here. As you said, the record bears that out.

We're on the same page here.

:)

/rant over

:cheers

/rant over

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
good call kap.

do what i've learned to do.

stay out of gamethreads, save your aggravation with all the negative posters.

But, but, but, but, but Garcia was left in for an extra inning. NOT GOOD ENOUGH OZZIE!!!! ;)

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
FWIW, there's a big difference between throwing over 100 pitches and throwing 120.

After 100 pitches, Garcia had only given up what 2 ER, and that was AFTER a wild 1st inning. He had retired something like the past 12 or 13 in a row.

Ozzie brings a guy in to relieve him, say that guy gives up a run, he'll get crucified. He can't win. Plain and simple.

After 100 pitches, Garcia had only given up what 2 ER, and that was AFTER a wild 1st inning. He had retired something like the past 12 or 13 in a row.

Ozzie brings a guy in to relieve him, say that guy gives up a run, he'll get crucified. He can't win. Plain and simple.

A fresh reliever is a better option than pitching a guy on 111 pitches in my opinion. I'm just a little pissed because I think Ozzie threw Freddy back out there just so he could qualify for the win. In other words, I don't like seeing our manager overwork our starters Dusty Baker-style. There's a reason El Duque's shoulder was sore a few weeks ago and had to miss two starts. He threw 118 and 116 pitches in two starts in a row.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
A fresh reliever is a better option than pitching a guy on 111 pitches in my opinion.  I'm just a little pissed because I think Ozzie threw Freddy back out there just so he could qualify for the win.  In other words, I don't like seeing our manager overwork our starters Dusty Baker-style.  There's a reason El Duque's shoulder was sore a few weeks ago and had to miss two starts.  He threw 118 and 116 pitches in two starts in a row.

El Duque is El Duque, you watch his pitch counts. Let's look at Garcia's pitch counts this season so far;

A fresh reliever? Like Neal Cotts? If anyone else comes out, Ozzie would get hung out to dry by the pessimists, even before he gives up a run, if that's what he does.

Like I said, Garcia was hot, you want to rest your bullpen as much as possible (especially considering JC was on the mound tomorrow), and he was unlucky he gave up a run anyway. That call down the left field line could have gone either way (even though it was the correct call), and if AJ doesn't let the wild pitch go through, who knows if the Dodgers even score a freakin run!!! :bang

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
Good ol' pessimists...

I might have let Freddy go for part of the eighth. He was rolling since the fourth and losing this game won't end their great season. GO SOX!! I was part of most of the game thread and no negativity came from here. Someone actually told me that saying stuff negative about the Sox doesn't mean I don't like them.

That call down the left field line could have gone either way (even though it was the correct call), and if AJ doesn't let the wild pitch go through, who knows if the Dodgers even score a freakin run!!!  :bang

The double call was correct so it WAS a double. And it's AJ's fault that Garcia threw 2 wild pitches? Neither one was AJ's fault in my opinion. They were pretty uncatchable.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
The double call was correct so it WAS a double.  And it's AJ's fault that Garcia threw 2 wild pitches?  Neither one was AJ's fault in my opinion.  They were pretty uncatchable.

Yeah I agree, I think it is called a wild pitch for a reason... It was the pitchers fault not the catcher. That would be a passed ball. :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: