White Sox vs Buddy Bell's Royals 06/20/05

sox-r-us

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's anybodys game now.

They have to regroup, take a breath, and drill these guys.

Ozzie to the pen, Cotts in.

Still wish that Cotts would have been brought in to face Stairs. My reason is this: McCarthy obviously had no command of anything but his fastball. Stairs is a very dangerous fastball hitter, especially to the opposite field. I was very disappointed that AJP decided to call for an outside fastball. McCarthy's best chance at getting Stairs out was to jam him with an inside fastball with some movement.

As for Viz, if he's going to throw fastballs to righties, he needs to get it inside. With Viz throwing so many sliders, you can tell that hitters are sitting on the outside pitch. An outside fastball just ends up being meat.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
Still wish that Cotts would have been brought in to face Stairs.  My reason is this:  McCarthy obviously had no command of anything but his fastball.  Stairs is a very dangerous fastball hitter, especially to the opposite field.  I was very disappointed that AJP decided to call for an outside fastball.  McCarthy's best chance at getting Stairs out was to jam him with an inside fastball with some movement.

As for Viz, if he's going to throw fastballs to righties, he needs to get it inside.  With Viz throwing so many sliders, you can tell that hitters are sitting on the outside pitch.  An outside fastball just ends up being meat.

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT.

He was trying to get a win for McCarthy.

That should be secondary to winning the freakin game.