After AJ's big walk off...

southsider2k5

As much as i hated Jose Valentin, i was at 2 of his walkoff's, one against Cleveland last yr when they were up 8-0, blew the lead and came back to win it and the other was cubs'vs sox, it was a friday game in 2003, jose beat the cubs and i was in the bullpen sports bar.

8-0 comeback vs. cubs

and the frnak walkoff where pauly tied it up with 2 outs, and koch blew it and then frnak went yard...same day everett and alomar played for the first time with the sox.

These are both very special because i was at both of them :headbang

I was at the Sox's 5 run comeback in this game in 1992. I remember my girlfriend at the time - who wasn't much of a baseball fan - wanting to stay at the game while I wanted to leave. Lo and behold, they came back with an incredible rally in the bottom on the 8th.

By the way, here is your Ventura homer game.

Jeff Carter started that game for the White Sox. I'm sure I knew who he was at the time, but I swear I had never heard his name until I clicked on the box score.

The Pope, Don Pall was the winner in that game.

Melido Perez in relief, although he gave up 6 runs.

Wow, Kenny Rogers was still in the bullpen at the time.

Amazing to see classic Frank - 2 for 2 with a home run, plus 3 walks. I remember him absolutely crushing Ventura with a bear hug at home plate when Ventura came to home plate.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
My favorite moment was in 2000 against the A's at home.  Singleton walked in the 9th with the Sox down one.  He stole second, and took third when the throw went into CF.  He then scored on a balk.

In the bottom of the 10th, Valentin walked to lead off the inning.  Thomas came up and hit a shot off the top of the wall, while Valentin chugged around the bases.  There was a play at the plate, and Jose did a perfect slide to get just out of reach.  There was one of those long pauses from the ump that seemed to take forever.  Then you hear the call, "SAFE!."  And the crowd erupted.

I was at that game (one of only 4 or 5 home games I've been to since I moved out of Illinois in '96)! Park was packed for fireworks - I remember the Sox scratching and clawing to win that one.

Here's the box: August 5, 2000.

Thomas hit a bomb that game, too.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
I was at that game (one of only 4 or 5 home games I've been to since I moved out of Illinois in '96)!  Park was packed for fireworks - I remember the Sox scratching and clawing to win that one.

Here's the box: August 5, 2000.

Thomas hit a bomb that game, too.

That's our wedding date. :)

I know Timo isn't very popular on this site, but I never liked the guy more than when he scored on Ben Davis' double from first last year. I heard Hawk's call - "cmon timo cmon timo" later. Davis had a great at bat, fouling off a bunch of pitches before he delivered into the gap.

Marte blew the save that game. I was also at the two games he blew saves at against the Angels earlier this year. Good things happen when Marte blows saves I guess.

Game 1 at Comiskey Park against the Cubs in 2000. Bullet Bob was on to pitch the 9th; with two outs, he walked Mark Grace, and I thought for sure that Sosa would be the last out of the game. Instead, Sosa homered, tying the game.

After experiencing my first 14th inning stretch, I got to see the Milkman deliver, like he did so many times that year.

Of course, the next year, there was a much better walk-off moment against the Cubs, but its already been mentioned.

My two favorite games I have ever been too was 2001 against the Cubs when Carlos hit a walkoff slam, I was sitting in the upper deck high fiving anybody I could. Then the best part was after the game me and my best freind (Cubs fan) walk into a bar that turns out to be Sox bar and my freind was meet with a chorus of boos and some guy comments "I guess the Cubs got a horseshoe up their ass tonight".

My other was this past Saturday the park was so electric when Rowand tied it and the place went nuts when A.J. hit the homer I went with my Girlfreind and her dad (his first sox game) and he was going nuts he does not even like baseball.

:gosoxretro:

2000 Season at home against the Yankees.

Down 3-2 going into the bottom of the 9th in a rain affected game.

Carlos Lee hits the 1st pitch from Mariano Rivera over the fence in left center to tie the game.

2 outs later and with Herbert Perry on 3rd, Jose Valentin bloops a broken bat single into right field.

A 4-3 victory and for the 1st time that season, a real sense that the Sox wouldn't be caught that year.

9th inning. Lammar Hoyt pitching. Sox up by one run. Reggie Jackson comes to the plate with 2 outs and one man on. Hoyt strikes out Jackson. In the Old Comiskey it was so incredibly loud. The sound from everyone yelling and cheering used to bounce all over the walls in that place. It was deafening. What a thrilling moment that was. That'll be a tough one for me to top!

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
Game 1 at Comiskey Park against the Cubs in 2000. Bullet Bob was on to pitch the 9th; with two outs, he walked Mark Grace, and I thought for sure that Sosa would be the last out of the game. Instead, Sosa homered, tying the game.

After experiencing my first 14th inning stretch, I got to see the Milkman deliver, like he did so many times that year.

Of course, the next year, there was a much better walk-off moment against the Cubs, but its already been mentioned.

I was at that game in the UD right behind home plate. I saw the best chick fight ever during the extra innings. Oh yeh, and watching Ray win the game was awesome. :)