Doobie Brothers

TLAK

Hanging around after the Royals finished BP and the freaking Doobie Brothers come out about 45 minutes before game time. They did Listen to the Music and Rockin' Down the Highway. It was great!

Then they did the National Anthem. They hung around the whole night because after the game I saw (I think) Tom Johnston and Pat Simmons in front of their buses talking to some fans.

Were they on the radio or TV? I would love to hear Farmer interview Pat Simmons.

White Sox baseball, expect the unexpected.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
Hanging around after the Royals finished BP and the freaking Doobie Brothers come out about 45 minutes before game time.  They did Listen to the Music and Rockin' Down the Highway.  It was great!

Then they did the National Anthem.  They hung around the whole night because after the game I saw (I think) Tom Johnston and  Pat Simmons in front of their buses talking to some fans.

Were they on the radio or TV?  I would love to hear Farmer interview Pat Simmons.

Wow, that is awesome. congratulations on picking one of the best surprise nights of the season!

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
who cares?

bruce weber threw out the first pitch.

much more important

:P

If I thought it was neat, does that make me the 19 year old exception? :huh :P

I, for one, thought it was pretty damn cool and my pops, a big fan, had an absolute ball with it.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
If I thought it was neat, does that make me the 19 year old exception? :huh  :P

I, for one, thought it was pretty damn cool and my pops, a big fan, had an absolute ball with it.

Thanks for your tolerance AddisonSS, I also took sh_t from my daughter at the game. 'who's your favorite Doobie Brother?', or 'do think they will be back tomorrow to run the bases?' (its seniors day).

You young people think all think you're pretty funny! Fine, us old folks got our 10 minutes of entertainment and leave the other 3 hours for you to listen to singers named after pets! :D

Rock on! :D

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
Hanging around after the Royals finished BP and the freaking Doobie Brothers come out about 45 minutes before game time.  They did Listen to the Music and Rockin' Down the Highway.  It was great!

Then they did the National Anthem.  They hung around the whole night because after the game I saw (I think) Tom Johnston and  Pat Simmons in front of their buses talking to some fans.

Were they on the radio or TV?  I would love to hear Farmer interview Pat Simmons.

I had the same reaction as you TLAK, I thought it was really cool. I called my Dad right away, he thought is was pretty neat(even though he is a cub fan). Nothing wrong with some good old fashioned classic rock at the ballpark.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)

The Doobie Brothers are performing at Ravinia on Wednesday night.

I was glad to see the Doobies out there, anything to draw more attention and fans to the team, in a positive manner. Plus they still do a pretty good show. I am a volunteer for a local county fair group, and I always help set up the concerts. The Doob's I actually got to drive back and forth to the hotel, and they were all really nice guys.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
I was glad to see the Doobies out there, anything to draw more attention and fans to the team, in a positive manner.  Plus they still do a pretty good show.  I am a volunteer for a local county fair group, and I always help set up the concerts.  The Doob's I actually got to drive back and forth to the hotel, and they were all really nice guys.

Did you meet Joe Vallee, the Doobies guitar tech? He was an instructor at the guitar school I went to. Joe Vallee rocks!!

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
Did you meet Joe Vallee, the Doobies guitar tech?  He was an instructor at the guitar school I went to.  Joe Vallee rocks!!

Maybe. The techs/roadies all went separately in the tour bus. I did work with lots of those guys during set up/tear down, but there weren't really any intros.