"I get a lot more grief than Ozzie."

Jabroni

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
I agree with him actually. Ozzie does get away with alot more stuff and lots of people say that reporters don't always print what he says because he would be in a boatload more of trouble. I have a feeling that whenever Ozzie starts losing, it'll go downhilll big time.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
Mariotti, Padilla and another columnist from Chicago have said the same.

You know, Mariotti disagrees with you now.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/spx-news-jay24.html

Instead, (Baker) threw himself a pity party the other night. Baker said he is picked on by media and fans while Guillen is given a free pass for his explosive episodes. This couldn't be more inaccurate, remembering the scorched newsprint in this column when Guillen slurred Magglio Ordonez. Dusty doesn't want to hear it.

He thinks we're picking on him.

''Ozzie can say whatever he wants to say, and it's OK,'' Baker said. ''I don't have that right, that privilege. I'm not a homeboy yet. Ozzie's a homeboy. Am I right? Ozzie played here with his team. I don't have that privilege.''

No, being a ''homeboy'' has nothing to do with it. Sox fans love Guillen because his team has won 49 games and looks like a Series contender. Cubs fans are bummed out because their team has no continuity, Wood and Prior can't stay healthy and Hendry left the lineup short of a leadoff hitter and left fielder. If their seasons were reversed, Baker would be lauded for his cool and Ozzie would be ripped for his wackiness. Come on, Dusty. You know the game by now.

This is pretty much why i never use Mariotti as a source during an argument on a White Sox messageboard.

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Mariotti, Padilla and another columnist from Chicago have said the same.

Not sure about Mariotti (although I seriously doubt he would protect Ozzie) but I've heard Padilla call Phillips' claims rediculous.

From SI.com

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen didn't understand why Baker was upset with him for saying that Jon Garland is having a better season than Prior earlier in the week. Baker claimed that Guillen gets away with inappropriate comments, and Guillen countered by saying before Friday's game: "I was making it clear Prior has a chance to be one of the best pitchers ever to wear that uniform. No matter where I manage, I will say what I feel. ... If people don't like it, good."