Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
i would have gone politte in the 7th, and hermanson in the 8th assuming we were still trailing. hermanson gets no work unless it's save opp. he could have used it today.

I'd rather keep Hermanson fresh for tomorrow's game for a save opportunity. I see no problem with using Shingo in a game like this and try to see if he can continue his solid stretch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
I'd rather keep Hermanson fresh for tomorrow's game for a save opportunity.  I see no problem with using Shingo in a game like this and try to see if he can continue his solid stretch.

hermanson hasn't pitched since MONDAY. he could use an inning today, and still have plenty left for tomorrow if needed. the lack of work is going to hurt when real save chances come up.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
hermanson hasn't pitched since MONDAY. he could use an inning today, and still have plenty left for tomorrow if needed. the lack of work is going to hurt when real save chances come up.

Ozzie has been quoted recently as saying Hermanson would only be used in save situations for the time being. He wants to keep Hermanson fresh for the second half of the season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Ozzie has been quoted recently as saying Hermanson would only be used in save situations for the time being.  He wants to keep Hermanson fresh for the second half of the season.

using a guy twice in a week wouldn't be overworking him.

i'm all for keeping guys fresh, so why doesn't take that same tact with the starters?

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
using a guy twice in a week wouldn't be overworking him.

i'm all for keeping guys fresh, so why doesn't take that same tact with the starters?

I have no clue why Ozzie does some of the things he does. However, as long as we continue to have a great record, there's not a chance in HELL that he changes the way he does things.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
I have no clue why Ozzie does some of the things he does.  However, as long as we continue to have a great record, there's not a chance in HELL that he changes the way he does things.

that's all well and good, but if hermanson gets knocked around in his next appearance and it happens to be a one-run game, don't say i didn't warn you.

This game reminded me of some of those @ Tampa games we had earlier this year where we had warning track power is some crucial spots, as well as some hard hits balls at people. That H'worth catch was the turning point in this game, and even more important than the grand slam.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
This game reminded me of some of those @ Tampa games we had earlier this year where we had warning track power is some crucial spots, as well as some hard hits balls at people.  That H'worth catch was the turning point in this game, and even more important than the grand slam.

you're gonna have those games now and again. you just can't let them start snowballing is all.

btw, i don't know what goes on out there, but back east, i keep hearing about how the white sox are the mariners of a few years ago when they won all those games and got bounced in the first round. you guys catching that crap in the midwest?