Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between us and Cub fans after this one, if we lose, is that they will be jumping for joy like it is a huge win, and we will just shrug it off and say, "Oh well, still 10 games up." Until Twins game is over, anyway.

Its funny, when our offense clicks we hit pitches to right. Then they are forced to pitch inside and we pull line drive homers.

When our offense blows, we lunge at crap away and try to pull it. Or we have excuse me swings on the outside corner and just slap crap to right. Square the ball up and hit it where its pitched. Maddux pitched us away and we got pull happy. Arow is definately trying to pull everything now.

Joe Crede yesterday hit the ball the otherway. Today he fell over lunging at a pitch in the oppo batters box, rolling his wrists over. This is why he will be a 240 and below hitter in the majors.

Conteras should not be allowed to think. Watching him shake off AJ in the first inning made me want to puke. How does someone who has a 96 mph fastball not want to throw it and just fall in love with his junk. He pitches backwards.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Well, the one thing we can say about this game is that Jose Contreras beat himself...he couldn't throw strikes, and it killed us.

Exactly, Contreras basically handed the Cubs those runs in the first inning. This game was a perfect example of why Maddux has 300 wins....and Contreras has been a bust overall in the majors. One person will NEVER lost a game because they "beat" themself, while the other puts himself in a tough situation far too often on the mound.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Its funny, when our offense clicks we hit pitches to right.  Then they are forced to pitch inside and we pull line drive homers.

When our offense blows, we lunge at crap away and try to pull it.  Or we have excuse me swings on the outside corner and just slap crap to right.  Square the ball up and hit it where its pitched.  Maddux pitched us away and we got pull happy.  Arow is definately trying to pull everything now.

Joe Crede yesterday hit the ball the otherway.  Today he fell over lunging at a pitch in the oppo batters box, rolling his wrists over.  This is why he will be a 240 and below hitter in the majors. 

Conteras should not be allowed to think.  Watching him shake off AJ in the first inning made me want to puke.  How does someone who has a 96 mph fastball not want to throw it and just fall in love with his junk.  He pitches backwards.

Irish...the biggest problem I saw was that Maddux/all the Cubs pitchers were getting pitches in the left handed batters box called for strikes all day. Our guys didn't have a chance on a lot of those, but they were called strikes. So either they could take the pitch and strike out, or they could swing at pitches 6 inches outside the strike zone and try to protect the plate.

Contreras et al would then throw the same pitches and they'd be called balls.

ArRow's problem today was he couldn't hit that sinking pitch on the inside half...he swung over it like 4 times, but his timing looked good.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
Exactly, Contreras basically handed the Cubs those runs in the first inning. This game was a perfect example of why Maddux has 300 wins....and Contreras has been a bust overall in the majors.  One person will NEVER lost a game because they "beat" themself, while the other puts himself in a tough situation far too often on the mound.

It's tough to win any games when your offense can't score more than 3 ER for 13 STRAIGHT apparences while you are out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if JOse tries to nibble because they won't score any runs for him.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
i'm in the mood for a rally. at least get the tying run to the plate for me.

Yep, it would be great if they gave us a thrill this inning. I'm sure Ozzie would love to have OMIT hit instead of Frank this inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
I still think that against a pitcher like Maddux, Thomas should have been in the lineup.  I like Frank's chances against the slow stuff a lot more than I do against Prior's stuff tomorrow.

And the Home run that Carl hit?