Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
Pods could of swiped 3rd off Maddux twice now and didn't. Hate to be hard on the guy, but we could easily have two more runs.

With Blanco catching, I don't think Pods would have greater than a 50/50 chance of stealing 3rd against Maddux.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
PULL CONTRERAS!  I know Ozzie loves to leave his pitchers in for at least 6 innings no matter what, but it's painfully obvious that Contreras has nothing today.

it's his last inning. better to use contreras for the sixth at this point than start using the bullpen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
With Blanco catching, I don't think Pods would have greater than a 50/50 chance of stealing 3rd against Maddux.

You obviously don't realize how slow Maddux is to the plate.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
it's his last inning. better to use contreras for the sixth at this point than start using the bullpen.

I completely disagree. You pull Contreras before this game gets out of hand. We can still win this game if we're 3 down at this point. However, if the Cubs get a few more runs cause Ozzie left Contreras and his WHIP of about 25 today on the mound too long, then that's bad managing.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
You obviously don't realize how slow Maddux is to the plate.

Thanks. You obviously weren't listening when Hawk said how the Cubs were making a legit effort at holding Pods at 2nd base today. If Barrett was the catcher, I would like the chances of a successful SB a lot more by Pods.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
PULL CONTRERAS!  I know Ozzie loves to leave his pitchers in for at least 6 innings no matter what, but it's painfully obvious that Contreras has nothing today.

He has only given up 1 run in the last 5 innings.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
I completely disagree.  You pull Contreras before this game gets out of hand.  We can still win this game if we're 3 down at this point.  However, if the Cubs get a few more runs cause Ozzie left Contreras and his WHIP of about 25 today on the mound too long, then that's bad managing.

he's let up one run since the first. you really want to go to one of our top relievers down 3 in the sixth? otherwise, you're putting in takatsu or vizcaino, and i'd rather have contreras than them.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
I'm pretty confident I wasn't the only one on here who thought Contreras didn't have much on the mound today.

No, he doesn't have much. My point remains though, Sox are down by 4 and they have a pitcher who hasn't given up a run in the last 5 innings. I see no reason why we should waste our bullpen.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
No, he doesn't have much.  My point remains though, Sox are down by 4 and they have a pitcher who hasn't given up a run in the last 5 innings.  I see no reason why we should waste our bullpen.

Our bullpen is as well rested now as it has been this entire season. Maybe it's just my philosophy, but when I see a pitcher struggling to keep runners off the bases, I try to be proactive, rather than reactive, and take him out before the game gets out of hand.