Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing watching a game without Frank in the 3 hole does is make me realize how good our lineup is when he's batting 3rd, and Rowand is down in the lineup. Our offense in 2nd half of the season should be real solid.

One thing watching a game without Frank in the 3 hole does is make me realize how good our lineup is when he's batting 3rd, and Rowand is down in the lineup.  Our offense in 2nd half of the season should be real solid.

Excellent point.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
Nope little chopper to second to end the inning.

Maddux did a much better job at keeping the ball down that inning. I still will never understand why so many batters take that called 3rd fastball from Maddux that tails back over the plate. If anything, you need to anticipate in and just foul it off.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Rowan doesn't look so hot out there. Wonder why he's in the 3 hole.

Rowand makes a great 3rd hitter against lhp, but I don't like him in that spot vs rhp. Against rhp, I'm a fan of Rowand batting 6th, which gives some more balance in terms of speed throughout the lineup.

Moose S. seems like a nice, enjoyable guy, but am I the only one who would rather not have to listen to him during a Cubs/Sox game? If you want to bring an added dimension to the game, have him in the booth for a KC or Tampa game, etc. I'll never forget Moose getting excited when DuBois hit that 3 run homer off of Viz, only for Moose to think it was an easy out.