Big Game

ObamaKnowsBest

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Big Hurt Way Back @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
You guys really could care less if our "ace" loses against the Cubs to decide the series.  I don't wanna lose any series at home let alone the the f***ing Cubs.  Wow I expected alot more from some of you.

Garland is not an ace. He really isn't. He isn't even a number one... he is pitching like one right now but don't be too pissed when his era gets over four.

QUOTE(Big Hurt Way Back @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
I'll worry about them when the time comes in August when we finally play the twinsisters again.

So you don't look at the scores all the time to check up on twins games? Talk about not being a sox fan.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
Minnesota has already lost 2 vs Milwaukee, reguardless of todays outcome, we will have at least the same lead as we had at the start of the weekend.  In my eyes, thats a good weekend, maintain the lead and take games off the schedule!!!

I agree. Especially with the Twins playing the Brewers while we have to fight and claw in a big rivalry. You can't win every game, folks.

This game means more to the Cubs then it does to us. The Cubs need every game possible to stay in the WC chase this season. We are still 10.5 games in front of the Twins. No need to worry or freak out if we lose. It seems like every year we either win the season series 4-2 or lose 4-2. I like the chances of us winning today. I'm sure Ozzie will put out his best lineup today. Rowand has been a bit cold so I can see a lineup that consist of this today:

Pods CF

Gooch 2B

Thomas DH

Konerko 1B

Everett LF

Dye RF

Pierzynski C

Crede 3B

Ozuna/Uribe SS

Garland is not an ace. He really isn't. He isn't even a number one... he is pitching like one right now but don't be too pissed when his era gets over four.

qwerty, so far u've shown me ur another dillusional Cubs fan who knows nothing about baseball.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
qwerty, so far u've shown me ur another dillusional Cubs fan who knows nothing about baseball.

ROFL.

Dillusional? Thinking garland is an ace or a number one starter and the season isn't even half way through. This guy you are pimping right now you most likely wanted gone after last year.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
Either someone has hacked into Qwerty's account or this is an Andy Kaufman-esque bit.

You truly think garland is an ace? His era will creep over four by the end of the year unless he has one of those magical seasons and then rapes us for 8+ million a season and reverts to his old self.

QUOTE(Big Hurt Way Back @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
If your a true white sox fan and have the hatred for the Cubs like I do  this is most definelty a must win game!!!

Let's see...hmmm....

I am a White Sox Season Ticket holder...

I sink more money into this team than you...

I have gone to games other than my ticket plan...

I was at the 83 cliching game

I was at the 93 clinching game

I was at the 2000 clinching game in Minn.

But since I think this is just a series we need to win and Minnesota/Division is more important... I am not a true Sox Fan.

Thanks for your insight.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Let's see...hmmm....

I am a White Sox Season Ticket holder...

I sink more money into this team than you...

I have gone to games other than my ticket plan...

I was at the 83 cliching game

I was at the 93 clinching game

I was at the 2000 clinching game in Minn.

But since I think this is just a series we need to win and Minnesota/Division is more important... I am not a true Sox Fan.

Thanks for your insight.

Owned! I can't wait until I'm old enough to buy season tickets.

QUOTE(Big Hurt Way Back @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
I'm saying we could lose 10 in a row and wed still ahve 3 months to winthe division.  For those who have friends that are Cubs fans we need to win this game to shut them up.  If u dont stay outta the damn conversation.

What exactly can Cub fans say? If they win today, all they do is salvage a season series tie against us. A win today can only put them 2 games over .500. You're very weak minded if anything a Cubs fan is saying right now is getting to you.

White Sox > Cubs

You truly think garland is an ace? His era will creep over four by the end of the year unless he has one of those magical seasons and then rapes us for 8+ million a season and reverts to his old self.

LOL, thanks, now once again I can say the same thing I said to you last time.

You can't go on theories and assumptions. You go by FACTS, dumbass. And right now, The Sox>Cubs, bottom line.

As I said, dillusional. Period.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)

You can't go on theories and assumptions. You go by FACTS, dumbass. And right now, The Sox>Cubs, bottom line.

Yes, fact is he was an average starter in the major leagues as his 101 ops+ will prove. There is no reason for me to believe he will keep up what he is doing. You go right ahead... but be prepared for the worst.

It is also a fact that garland is not an ace or a number one starter... arguement can be made that he is pitching like one now, that is about it. Believe what you wish. Keep up the insults though if you want a vacation.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)

If you have to resort to name-calling I suggest you stay out of this thread until you calm down.

QUOTE(Big Hurt Way Back @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
If your a true white sox fan and have the hatred for the Cubs like I do  this is most definelty a must win game!!!

Translated:

HAY GUISE IM 16 AND DONT REALIZE THAT WE R 10.5 GAMES UP ON TEH TWINS AND LIKE 80000 GAMES OVER 500! WE NEED TO WIN THIS GAME BECAUSE IT'S THE CUBS AND FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE. BEATING THE CUBS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD!

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
Yes, fact is he was an average starter in the major leagues as his 101 ops+ will prove. There is no reason for me to believe he will keep up what he is doing. You go right ahead... but be prepared for the worst.

It is also a fact that garland is not an ace or a number one starter...  arguement can be made that he is pitching like one now, that is about it. Believe what you wish.

Well, he is doing this at the ripe old age of 25 after all. I can see why you'd think that this couldn't be a sign of things to come from an aging pitcher like Garland.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
Well, he is doing this at the ripe old age of 25 after all. I can see why you'd think that this couldn't be a sign of things to come from an aging pitcher like Garland.

His stuff has always looked medicore at best up until this year. His sinker had very little bite on it at all. This year his command and movement on pitches has been 180 from years past. I am afraid that he is gonna have a career year and get paid a kings ransom ( last year of arb and they will lock him up if he has a good career) and he will go back to his mediocore self. It happens all the time around baseball... i don't see why it can't happen to us.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
His stuff has always looked medicore at best up until this year. His sinker had very little bite on it at all. This year his command and movement on pitches has been 180 from years past. I am afraid that he is gonna have a career year and get paid a kings ransom ( last year of arb and they will lock him up if he has a good career) and he will go back to his mediocore self. It happens all the time around baseball... i don't see why it can't happen to us.

Is your glass half empty or half full? I think you should be looking at it as full right now, he is having a great season, enjoy it.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)

It's possible, but he obviously has to have some talent, being a former 1st round pick. That said, some pitchers take longer to develop than others, and this may be one of those cases where a young pitcher finally puts everything together and goes on to have a long productive career as an important member of the staff.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)

First off, dictionaries can be your friend. It is delusional, not dillusional -- http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=delusional

Secondly, I think that you need to cut out the insults, as lame as they are, before you find yourself on a little vacation.

Thirdly, Garland's strong pitching performance comes, coincidentally, from a catcher who is forcing him to pitch inside. And as for players having a career year and then going back to their mediocre form -- look no further than say, Exhibit A: Adrian Beltre. If Garland can put this sort of pitching together for at least 2 years then he can avoid a lot of criticism. It is the same as the beginning of the year when Crede was hitting the s*** out of the ball and then went back to his normal Crediocre form. It has happened on this team this year -- players can fall back to their traditional previous form.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
Thirdly, Garland's strong pitching performance comes, coincidentally, from a catcher who is forcing him to pitch inside.  And as for players having a career year and then going back to their mediocre form -- look no further than say, Exhibit A: Adrian Beltre.  If Garland can put this sort of pitching together for at least 2 years then he can avoid a lot of criticism.  It is the same as the beginning of the year when Crede was hitting the s*** out of the ball and then went back to his normal Crediocre form.  It has happened on this team this year -- players can fall back to their traditional previous form.

No they can't and that's a fact!1!1! :angry:

Edited by qwerty