Hermanson may miss some time in the near future...

Jabroni

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug29.html

FAMILY MATTER: Guillen confirmed that closer Dustin Hermanson's father has a medical condition that might force Hermanson to miss some time in the near future.

''He just warned me ... he doesn't know anything yet,'' Guillen said. ''To me, family is more important than baseball. Baseball does a lot of stuff for us, but one day baseball is going to go and our family is going to still be there.''

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
He should take his time coming back.  Family is much more important than baseball.  They still have  Shingo who can close while Hermy is gone.

as good as hes doing lately id rather have politte thrown in to the role

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
ESPN 1000 is reporting that Hermanson is going to be placed on bereavement list.

Wow. That was quick. Let's hope he can get back home and take care of things as soon as possible.

Cliff, you're table is ready.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Hello Bobby Jenks?  Baj?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to Jenks.

Let's not screw with the kid just yet. He's had a fantastic time with the Barons, but let's not rush things. I think we are sitting on the closer of the future in Jenks and that is really something not worth tampering with.

Perhaps Baj gets the call. His numbers deserve it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to Jenks.

Let's not screw with the kid just yet.  He's had a fantastic time with the Barons, but let's not rush things.  I think we are sitting on the closer of the future in Jenks and that is really something not worth tampering with.

Perhaps Baj gets the call.  His numbers deserve it.

Totally agree Baj should get the call first, but even still i don't think they'd throw a minor leaguer right into a closer spot. Ozzie will likely do it via situation ... Marte, Shingo, etc. Which is actually not a bad way to handle it when you're looking at 7 days max without Hermanson.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
You didn't get the humor.

Your humor was not wasted on me Jim. I most certainly had a chuckle. I mean, look at his numbers. :lol:

On second though, just in case Kenny is contemplating bringing up the Doughboy...

It's time to bring out the Jenks sig.

I wouldnt throw Dingo out as the closer just yet.

Cliffy has been as tough as nails this year. That changeup that he developed has made him a new pitcher. That and of course getting strike one on every batter. He has the best stuff to fill in this role.

My prayers are to you Dustin and your family in this difficult time.

If Politte doesn't like closing, we shouldn't try to make him a closer. We need to win the 8th inning as much as we need to win the 9th.

The good news to me is that Hermanson has been used somewhat sparingly since about the time Thomas came back, so hopefully we won't miss too much of a beat with him gone.

Best Wishes during this time, Hermy.