Freddy

rangercal

8-3 3.29 era . I say he has a shot. On top of that, with kenny rogers possibly not participating in the game, that will leave a pitcher slot open. Seems like Freddy got lost in the All-star game talk. With his last few starts being nothing short of dominant , I say he has a shot. Thoughts?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
How many pitchers go?

anyway, here are my locks to go:

Buehrle

Garland

Halladay

colon

clement

guardado

Rivera

santana

Players with a good shot IMO

Cliff Lee

Miguel Bautista

BJ Ryan

Chris young

Freddy Garcia

wow, you didn't put cliff politte on there? prepare to meet your maker!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Not going to have 3 guys on the same starting staff get into the game, not going to happen, and IMHO, It's better that way.

Normally I would agree, but we have a case where the team playing near .700 ball may very only have one position player in the game, and a reserve at that. The team deserves strong representation - somewhere.

To be honest, though, I would rather have no Sox players in the all star game. This season holds far too much promise for anyone to be getting hurt in a "popularity contest".

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
To be honest, though, I would rather have no Sox players in the all star game.  This season holds far too much promise for anyone to be getting hurt in a "popularity contest".

SFF

yeah, but this popularity contest will determine whether there will be 3 or 4 World Series games at The Cell in November.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
I guarantee someone with worse numbers than Garcia makes it.

Of course someone will...there's got to be some team who's only All Star will be a pitcher. Tampa Bay, or K.C., or Detroit, or Cleveland, someone like that.

Edited by Balta1701

Detroit could send White, Guillen, Young, or Bonderman (listed in order I'd take them)

Cleveland will probably send Hafner, but could also send Cliff Lee (#s are close to Garcia's, but slightly worse)

Tampa Bay should send Cantu

Kansas City doesn't deserve an all-star, but the closest thing they have is Emil Brown.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:03 AM)
Detroit could send White, Guillen, Young, or Bonderman (listed in order I'd take them)

Cleveland will probably send Hafner, but could also send Cliff Lee (#s are close to Garcia's, but slightly worse)

Tampa Bay should send Cantu

Kansas City doesn't deserve an all-star, but the closest thing they have is Emil Brown.

Umm. Detroit = I Rod.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Not really. He's not having a great season, even by normal standards, plus the AL East will probably supply the two catchers.

I'm gauranteeing right now that IRod makes the AS game.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
I doubt it. The Yankee fans would scream bloody murder if I-Rod got in ahead of Posada, and I think Tek is winning the vote right now.

Who give a s*** what Yankee fans think? This isn't Joe Torre this is Terry Francona we're talking about.

And besides. I believe the players would vote for IRod just based on his reputation around the league alone.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
Posada>>>IRod this year

I don't think that matters. Remember this is all IMO. I could be totally wrong (this would be the first time) I just think he gets in despite the numbers.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
I don't think that matters. Remember this is all IMO. I could be totally wrong (this would be the first time) I just think he gets in despite the numbers.

Haha.

Anyway - gotcha.

But really the disparity in numbers is ridiculous and it would be a joke if IRod made it over Jorge.