How I learned to keep worrying

Milkman delivers

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Still gotta have faith Jabroni, everytime someone has doubted this team they rise to the occasion.  Like I said earlier this place scares the s*** out of me but I just have so much confidence in this team and I'll take my chances.

So you're saying we should keep doubting them? :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
Getting no hit by average pitchers for inning after inning is pretty frustrating.  If it happens tonight, it won't be that bad because Harden is a stud.

Eh ... They put up a 6 spot last night to complete a three game sweep.

Eh ... They put up a 6 spot last night to complete a three game sweep.

And they didn't score a run for 9 straight innings in Wednesday's game and they got no hit through 4 innings in yesterday's game. I guess I would like to see them manufacture some more runs rather than just relying on the longball.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:15 AM)
Getting no hit by average pitchers for inning after inning is pretty frustrating.  If it happens tonight, it won't be that bad because Harden is a stud.

You've got to be kidding me, we're still on this?????

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
What is wrong with what I said?  If these guys makes the playoffs and continue to swing for the fences every AB against stud playoff pitchers, they will get owned.

You only said it 65000 times. That's all that's wrong with it.

They aren't swinging for the fences every AB.  That's a myth perpetrated by several people on this board, it is getting to be almost sheep-like cult status.

I share your doubts about Contreras in tonite's game, he will absolutely need to challenge the hitters and I hope Cooper, Ozzie, and AJ get his mind right before the game.

They are hitting a lot of homers and striking out a lot. Wouldn't that indicate that they are in fact swinging for the fences? :huh

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
They are hitting a lot of homers and striking out a lot.  Wouldn't that indicate that they are in fact swinging for the fences? :huh

I know Crede said he was just trying for a base hit when he went deep last night.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
I know Crede said he was just trying for a base hit when he went deep last night.

I know around here when the offense gets shut down it's always there fault, however good pitching can shut down an offense some time but around here at times you think that's not possible.

I'm amazed that anyone can find something to whine and complain about after a road divisional sweep for the best team in baseball, when tonight's game is still over 10 hours from beginning. Some people around here are truly talented in that respect.

I know around here when the offense gets shut down it's always there fault, however good pitching can shut down an offense some time but around here at times you think that's not possible.

And many people also just assume it is always great pitching instead of a bad approach by our lineup. It goes both ways, dude.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
I'm amazed that anyone can find something to whine and complain about after a road divisional sweep for the best team in baseball, when tonight's game is still over 10 hours from beginning.  Some people around here are truly talented in that respect.

"Talented" is not the adjective I would use.

Pitching matchup heavily against us tonight, in a place that we struggle mightily, against a team playing decent baseball right now....

I said also coming into the 6 game roadtrip I'd be happy with 4-2. Well, we are well on our way to at LEAST that, and we have our 2 studs yet to go in this series. Contreras, well I'm honestly not expecting much out of him tonight. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong, and would gladly eat my words. Tonight will be a night where the pen gets used, and early.

Lets hang in there tonight, see if we can get some timely hits, solid defense behind Contreras, and give ourselves a shot to eek one out.

:gosox2:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
And many people also just assume it is always great pitching instead of a bad approach by our lineup.  It goes both ways, dude.

It's not even close, if the offense has a bad game it's always on the offense, ALWAYS. Some people think that just cause is a pitcher isn't great that they can't throw a good game. Perfect example:Tuesday, Robertson was great, he was changing speeds and locating his pitches beautifully on the corners but of course it was just our offense getting shutdown by a mediocre pitcher.

I'm amazed that anyone can find something to whine and complain about after a road divisional sweep for the best team in baseball, when tonight's game is still over 10 hours from beginning.  Some people around here are truly talented in that respect.

No one is whining. I think some people just recognize that our offense isn't hitting as well as they should be and think it is a valid concern...

Sortable Team Stats:

.260 team AVG (ranked 24th in MLB)

.323 team OBP (ranked 26th in MLB)

*waits for the obligatory, "look at our record!" response* ;)

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
No one is whining.  I think some people just recognize that our offense isn't hitting as well as they should be and think it is a valid concern...

Sortable Team Stats:

Everytime you show these stats how come you leave out runs scored????????

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
No one is whining.  I think some people just recognize that our offense isn't hitting as well as they should be and think it is a valid concern...

Sortable Team Stats:

How do they rank in runs scored. That's what offense is measured by, when it comes down to it.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
THE single most important stat in this area.

Exactly, who cares how they're scoring runs, I could careless if it's statistically pretty just score some runs and contrary to what some people believe they've been scoring enough runs and consistantly scoring some runs.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
Do you guys just want to bank on being clutch in the playoffs against ace-quality pitchers?  I think Kenny will make a deal for another stick.

Why not?? They've done it all year, it's not going to magically go away.