GAME THREAD 7-3-2005 SOX vs A's

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
Oh there is a silver lining, you what it is it??  We don't have to play in Oakland anymore this year.

Exactly, I'll take 2-4 in Oakland after our past performances. That's how bad its been.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Oh there is a silver lining, you what it is it??  We don't have to play in Oakland anymore this year.

That's a little better, but I'm still really pissed.

Its about time the offense decides to show up for a few games. 2 runs and 4 hits usually gets you a lose.

I'm sure they'll get no-hit the rest of the game, perhaps one hit and/or a walk.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
Well guys this is just one of those games, Konerko was complaining about the double in the 6th inning, he thought it was foul. Widger complained too.  But bad things happened and probably would've happened even if the ball was foul.

The Sox need to make sure this type of scheduling doesn't happen again too.  Not making excuses but a trip like this is totally out of whack ... 3 games to Detroit, fly out to Oakland for three, and then come back and play at home on a Monday.  That is some really messed up scheduling, not to mention what Rooney said about 6 games in Oakland vs. 3 in Chicago two years in a row.

What I wanna know is, why are we even playing them more than 6 times for two years in a row?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
I don't care, he's still better than Duque and McCarthy.  And Eyre would look great in our pen.

We don't need another pitcher.

We lose a few games to the hottest team over the past month and you're calling for a guy with chronic arm problems and a huge option for next season.

We will use 3 starters in the playoffs, possibly 4 in a long series.

We don't need Schmidt.

Guest JimH

The other thing as DA alluded to is, Zito was on his game today and the offense couldn't do anything, or should I say they didn't get anything done. Not a good offensive performance but I will give credit to Zito. And Buehrle was scuffling, I am glad to get the hell out of there.

One thing I am hellaciously pissed about is the positioning of Iguchi on Kendall's basehit. That square faced Kendall has made a living out of rolling base hits between 1st and 2nd. DJ was dead on correct, there is no reason for Iguchi playing over by 2nd base. As milkman said, what the hell kind of scouting was that? May I suggest bad advance scouting. Buehrle wasn't working Kendall inside either.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)

We lose a few games to the hottest team over the past month and you're calling for a guy with chronic arm problems and a huge option for next season.

We don't need Schmidt.

No offense but we didn't lose to the A's we lost to ourselves.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
I don't care, he's still better than Duque and McCarthy.  And Eyre would look great in our pen.

You might not care, but Kenny Williams does! Jason Schmidt might be injured which would explain why he's been struggling. We can live with McCarthy if Orlando keeps going on the DL.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)

We don't need Schmidt.

I've been wanting another starter for a while now. But you're right, I just wanted one since Friday. Buehrle isn't a good pitcher.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)

Well however you wanna call it, these trade ideas always come up after we play a bad game.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
The other thing as DA alluded to is, Zito was on his game today and the offense couldn't do anything, or should I say they didn't get anything done.  Not a good offensive performance but I will give credit to Zito.  And Buehrle was scuffling, I am glad to get the hell out of there.

One thing I am hellaciously pissed about is the positioning of Iguchi on Kendall's basehit.  That square faced Kendall has made a living out of rolling base hits between 1st and 2nd.  DJ was dead on correct, there is no reason for Iguchi playing over by 2nd base.  As milkman said, what the hell kind of scouting was that?  May I suggest bad advance scouting.  Buehrle wasn't working Kendall inside either.

That was terrible positioning, absolutely horrendous, I don't think you'd get an argument from anyone here.

Guest JimH

Well that's just it, you're right. Oakland executed today with 15 hits so far but the White Sox handed it to them in the first game and now this.

It will happen in a long season. Frustrating to be sure, but these things happen every year to just about every team.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
I've been wanting another starter for a while now.  But you're right, I just wanted one since Friday.  Buehrle isn't a good pitcher.

Schmidt has been getting rocked all year.

He's always had arm problems.

He's been hurt already this year.

He has like a 10.5 million dollar option for next season.

Explain to me why we want him again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
When's the last time Iguchi got a hit with RISP?

He has cooled off considerably.

His average seems to be heading into the .270's.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Well that's just it, you're right.  Oakland executed today with 15 hits so far but the White Sox handed it to them in the first game and now this.

It will happen in a long season.  Frustrating to be sure, but these things happen every year to just about every team.

Right, over 162 games these type of games are going to happen and they just always happen when we're at Oakland. We're just going to have to shake this off and go beat up on the Drays. Everytime this team has a tough series they bounce back, no worries here at all.

This game went the A's way when we had Ozuna on with a bunt hit and a steal, then we got him over to 3rd with Widgers bunt but we did not score. Then Buerhle had a mental lapse and threw the ball away on a traditional double play where the A's scored 4 times.

I noticed that yesterday when Garland had the bases loaded he forgot about it and got the guys out. Buerhle kept on giving up hits to all four runs to score.

Atleast we get out of Oakland tonight and we got the Devil Rays at home.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
Schmidt has been getting rocked all year.

He's always had arm problems.

He's been hurt already this year.

He has like a 10.5 million dollar option for next season.

Explain to me why we want him again.

He's better than Duque and McCarthy, and quite possibly better than Contreras.

This offense is killing me.

If the A's somehow manage to get in the playoffs and if we're in it as well, hopefully we don't run into them. That f***ing stadium of theirs is crap.