London Bombings

DonkeyKongerko

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 05:51 AM)
I hope they don't catch these poor terrorists and send them to Gitmo.

That was kind of classless.

Prayers for the people injured and families of the killed.

I understand that, and how sad that the first impulse is to attack or make a snide comment towards people we disagree with than to consider the lives that are lost, or the children left without a parent, or parent who now has to plan her child's funeral. Sad that sometimes we're more concerned with being right than doing what's right.

ok i've snapped

f*** the US, f*** Dubya, f*** this war.

what did the whole f***ing war accomplish? NOTHING!

Sorry Nuke but the US really screwed the f*** up this time. 4 years later and still we cant f***ing stop them. pathetic.

OOOH MAYBE SADAM COORDINATED THIS ONE FROM PRISON!!!!!

f*** everything

This is really really sad. The good news - if that's even possible - is that it may not be as bad as previously thought. Instead of seven bombings, its down to four.

The current toll is 10 dead and 190 injured. Here's to hoping the numbers don't climb much further. I think that this could have been a LOT worse.

Prayers with those who need it right now.

(CNN) -- A minute-by-minute timeline of the multiple explosions rocking London. All times are British Standard Time.

1:22 p.m. Police say a bomb on a train at Edgware Road underground exploded as a second train was passing and hit both trains.

12:53 Britain's Home Secretary Charles Clarke tells the House of Commons there were four explosions in central London and the underground system will be closed all day. They would decide later in day whether to resume bus services. Earlier six attacks were reported.

12:51 Emergency services personnel tells CNN writer William Chamberlain that all survivors had been evacuated from Kings Cross station, leaving the dead below ground "in the double digits."

12:35 Scotland Yard revises the number of blasts down to four, three in the underground system and one on a bus. These are: Russell Square and Kings Cross Underground, Moorgate, Aldgate and Liverpool Street Underground, Edgware Road station and Tavistock Square where there was an explosion on a bus.

12:27 Police and hospital officials tell Reuters that a total of 185 people are wounded across London, 10 of them seriously and seven critically.

12:00: British Prime Minister Tony Blair says the "barbaric" London blasts are terrorist attacks and were designed to coincide with the G8 summit in Scotland. He will return to London.

11:35 a.m.: London police chief tells Reuters news agency there are "indications of explosives" at one of the blast sites.

11:15 Police say there were at least six explosions in London.

11:15 European Union commissioner for justice and security affairs Franco Frattini tells reporters in Rome that the blasts in London are terrorist attacks.

11:10 Police say they have reports of two deaths and nine injuries at Aldgate East subway station.

11:07 All bus services have been suspended in London, news agencies report.

10:47 Home Secretary Charles Clarke says multiple London blasts cause "terrible injuries."

10:46 Police report serious casualties in London explosions, but no deaths confirmed, The Associated Press reports.

10:46 Witness to Britain's Sky News says second blast heard in Russell Square.

10:45 Police sources say a bomb is suspected in London bus explosion, AP reports.

10:33 Police confirm at least three explosions on buses in central London, according to AP.

10:25 Police confirm explosion on bus in central London in the area around Russell Square.

10:24 Scotland Yard says "multiple explosions" rock London.

10:14 News agencies report a bus has exploded in central London.

10:02 Scotland Yard says it is dealing with a "major incident."

9:53 Metronet says the entire London subway network has been shut down, news agencies report.

Police says incidents are reported at the Aldgate station near the Liverpool Street railway terminal, Edgware Road and King's Cross in north London, Old Street in the financial district and Russell Square in central London, near the British Museum.

9:41 London Underground reports a second explosion at a subway station in northwest London.

9:33 Witnesses say London Underground told them services are suspended after "power surge."

9:27 Metronet, the subway maintenance company, says power surge has caused explosion in London tube station.

9:25 Police say "there are walking wounded" in London's financial district.

9:15 British Transport Police tell news agencies an explosion has struck London's financial district in the area near Liverpool railway station.

:pray

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:44 AM)
The timing was poor, to be sure, but there's people that are thinking it, sadly enough.  That's part of the problem, actually, and why they continue to attack, is because we are so divided on this.

Yeah. There's far too many people who don't realize that these people perpetrating these attacks are nothing more than a bunch of savages. Thats right. SAVAGES. Every last motherf***ig one of em.

Savages can't be reasoned with.

Savages can't be bargained with.

Savages can't be bought off.

Savages must be found wherever they are and exterminated.

You all know I'm talking about that 1% of Islam that is perverting the religon for their own goals of a Taliban-like world. I dont want to hear any bulls*** about me being racist because you can't argue the point that people who commit random violence like this are f***ING SAVAGES.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:18 AM)
This is really really sad. The good news - if that's even possible - is that it may not be as bad as previously thought. Instead of seven bombings, its down to four.

The current toll is 10 dead and 190 injured. Here's to hoping the numbers don't climb much further. I think that this could have been a LOT worse.

Fox news is saying 45 killed total with as many as 1000 injured.

f***ing savages!!!

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:18 AM)

40 dead, 300 injured.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8492258/

LONDON - At least 40 people were killed in the explosions that ripped through three London subway trains and a bus on Thursday, according to a U.S. law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because British officials have yet to make public the death toll.

The near simultaneous explosions caused at least 300 injuries in what Prime Minister Tony Blair said was a "barbaric" terrorist attack.

I am praying that my aunt and uncle and their two sons have already moved back to Ireland. They had been living in London for the last 10-15 years or so and are moving back to Ireland (Dublin, I think) this summer.

:pray for all killed, injured and affected by these blasts.

Edited by Queen Prawn

So now that I've prayed for the families of the injured and dead, as well as the British people, can I hate the soulless islamo-fascists now? or do I have to listen to another "Christianity produced the crusades" lecture?

Last time I checked there's only one major religion doing the killing lately. If we can blame Catholic leadership for the preist pedophile scandal, I don't see why we can't blame Muslim leadership for the death of thousands upon thousands of people.

Nuke Cleveland should change his name to Nuke Muslims

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
So now that I've prayed for the families of the injured and dead, as well as the British people, can I hate the soulless islamo-fascists now? or do I have to listen to another "Christianity produced the crusades" lecture?

Sure, but what good will that do, hating them? It just makes us more like them.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)

Last time I checked there's only one major religion doing the killing lately.  If we can blame Catholic leadership for the preist pedophile scandal, I don't see why we can't blame Muslim leadership for the death of thousands upon thousands of people.

Nuke Cleveland should change his name to Nuke Muslims

It's good to see people not generalizing or making blanket statements about an entire religion.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:01 AM)
PA: The bible says that you should pray for the soulless. In fact, I believe it was Paul who said you should pray for everyone.

So that's what I'm going to do today.

Thanks for the bible lesson. I'll return to my seat and watch the world go to pot.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)
It's good to see people not generalizing or making blanket statements about an entire religion.

This needs no green because it happens every single day to Christians around the world. See: X-games commercial on ESPN. So offensive. If that were making fun of jews or muslims it'd be national headlines....

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:29 AM)
That was kind of classless.

Prayers for the people injured and families of the killed.

Sorry, but week after week of listening to the USA get bashed for keeping these terrorists in a place where they cannot do things like this gets to me. Call it classless if you want to. I really don't care. I had a point to make, and I made it.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:25 AM)
Yeah.  There's far too many people who don't realize that these people perpetrating these attacks are nothing more than a bunch of savages.  Thats right.  SAVAGES.  Every last motherf***ig one of em. 

Savages can't be reasoned with. 

Savages can't be bargained with.

Savages can't be bought off.

Savages must be found wherever they are and exterminated.

You all know I'm talking about that 1% of Islam that is perverting the religon for their own goals of a Taliban-like world.  I dont want to hear any bulls*** about me being racist because you can't argue the point that people who commit random violence like this are f***ING SAVAGES.

No more savage than shooting rockets from a helicopter gunship into an apartment complex. No more savage than "collateral damage". No more savage than US soldiers making two Iraqis jump off a bridge to their deaths. [http://washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040731-101609-2416r.htm -- I even got it from the Moonie Times, so I'm really waiting for the leftist media claim, Nuke] No more savage than the leveling of the entire city of Fallujah. No more savage than the systematic (yes, systematic, read the Taguba report) torture at the prisons like Abu Ghraib and Gitmo.

Besides, didn't Bush tell them to "bring it on"?

I feel very badly for all the families involved that have been affected by this tragedy. Its sad that they have to pay the price for our leaders being f***ing incompetent and functionally retarded.

Former CIA analyst Michael Scheuer makes a startlingly trenchant point in the opening paragraph of Imperial Hubris, his bestselling book:

"As I complete this book, U.S., British, and other coalition forces are trying to govern apparently ungovernable postwar states in Afghanistan and Iraq, while simultaneously fighting growing Islamist insurgencies in each – a state of affairs our leaders call victory. In conducting these activities, and the conventional military campaigns preceding them, U.S. forces and policies are completing the radicalization of the Islamic world, something Osama bin Laden has been trying to do with substantial but incomplete success since the early 1990s. As a result, I think it fair to conclude that the United States of America remains bin Laden's only indispensable ally."

If Bush wants, as he said, for the terrorists to "bring it on" then they're really only giving him what he demanded.