Ross Gload

VAfan

The Sox should stop playing games with Ross Gload. I certainly hope he is up the game after the All-Star Break.

I think our offense has degenerated into swinging for the fences a bit, and getting Konerko out of the middle of the lineup at least 2 days a week for a lefty bat that can play 1B should help us immensely. Paulie needs a rest. Badly. And we need more lefties. I wouldn't hesitate to hit Gload 4th and play him a lot.

Who would I send down? I think Timo Perez is the one that should go because Willie Harris is a much better pinch runner and can play the infield. But I might send Harris for now because he still has options. Then I'd try to include Perez in a trade and bring Harris back.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
I believe he'll be back right after the ASB.  I think Ozzie's going to finally send Willie down.  I'd rather have Harris up here, and I'm sure a majority of us still would.  However, Ozzie's not going to send Timo down; I don't see that happening.

Ozzie would HATE a cold bed.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Anything that gets Ol' Fatass out of the lineup more often is fine with me.

By ol' fatass, you probably mean Konerko. I couldn't agree more.

He's hitting .238. He's going to the ASG. :puke

Timo is hitting .241

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
By ol' fatass, you probably mean Konerko.  I couldn't agree more.

He's hitting .238.  He's going to the ASG. :puke   

Timo is hitting .241

Is Ol' Fatass watching a pop up in your sig? It sure looks like it. You should edit it and put a big X right over his face.

I'd really like to be a fly on the wall in a meeting-room with KW and Ozzie, just to hear what they think about Konerko. He's sure become one streaky hitter, huh? I'd love to wake up on July 31st and see that the following trade went through:

Sox send Konerko to Mets, Sweeney and Tracey to Reds, get Dunn from Reds. (Humber to Reds).

Ok, I'm dreaming. Still gonna be an interesting couple of weeks ahead.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
I'd really like to be a fly on the wall in a meeting-room with KW and Ozzie, just to hear what they think about Konerko.  He's sure become one streaky hitter, huh?  I'd love to wake up on July 31st and see that the following trade went through:

Sox send Konerko to Mets, Sweeney and Tracey to Reds, get Dunn from Reds.  (Humber to Reds).

Ok, I'm dreaming.  Still gonna be an interesting couple of weeks ahead.

If we're gonna dream, why not Overbay?

And this is what KW and Ozzie think about Konerko:

KW/Ozzie :fight Ol' Fatass

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
I'd really like to be a fly on the wall in a meeting-room with KW and Ozzie, just to hear what they think about Konerko.  He's sure become one streaky hitter, huh?  I'd love to wake up on July 31st and see that the following trade went through:

Sox send Konerko to Mets, Sweeney and Tracey to Reds, get Dunn from Reds.  (Humber to Reds).

I think we're going to be stuck w/ Konerko for the rest of the season. However, I think basically everyone agrees Konerko's probably gone after '05. At least, he'll leave the team in class, unlike our big FA last year. Man hands!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)

WOW.

That's a nightmare trade.

Dunn is as bad BA wise as Kong, plus he Ks more.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 03:37 AM)
WOW.

That's a nightmare trade.

Dunn is as bad BA wise as Kong, plus he Ks more.

I guess I'm in a small crowd of people that likes Dunn.

Konerko has an .803 OPS, compared to Dunn's .932. The K's don't bother me when you walk as much as he does -- .388 OBP last year, .385 this year. He's 25 years old, and posted a 152 OPS+ last season. That's ridiculously awesome. Looks like he's on the way to doing the same this year.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)

Konerko has an .803 OPS, compared to Dunn's .932.  The K's don't bother me when you walk as much as he does -- .388 OBP last year, .385 this year.  He's 25 years old, and posted a 152 OPS+ last season.  That's ridiculously awesome.  Looks like he's on the way to doing the same this year.

I don't mind the k's, I mind the batting average, I can't stand players that hit for that low of an average that are in the middle of the order but that's just me. I'd love for Ross to be starting everyday or ideally I'd love Jermaine to be able to handle first everyday with Carl in right. I really can't deal with PK anymore but we're stuck with him for this year so hopefully he can get his s*** righted.

EDIT: By the way I have nothing against Dunn but I wouldn't want him batting 4th, I'd have no problem with him down in the order.

Edited by Rowand44

Let's drop the "Trade Konerko" talk please. As soon as Paulie heats up and starts bashing the ball in clutch situations, which he will, everyone will be cheering for him again. The whole offensive team scked this Oakland series. Frank came through with a big situational hit (SF in the 6th) but no one else could do anything.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Let's drop the "Trade Konerko" talk please. As soon as Paulie heats up and starts bashing the ball in clutch situations, which he will, everyone will be cheering for him again. The whole offensive team scked this Oakland series. Frank came through with a big situational hit (SF in the 6th) but no one else could do anything.

It's not from this series with Paul and you nailed his biggest problem on the head, he is way to streaky. For a guy that's your cleanup hitter and is supposed to be your rbi guy you can't have that kind of streakyness. I really just don't like seeing him up in a big situation, he's always trying to pull the ball out of the yard and overall he's just not a very clutch player even when he's hot. Not to mention he has no range and if he's on base he isn't going anywhere fast. I've just really had enough of him but you're right Pauly won't be traded this year.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)

Konerko has an .803 OPS, compared to Dunn's .932.  The K's don't bother me when you walk as much as he does -- .388 OBP last year, .385 this year.  He's 25 years old, and posted a 152 OPS+ last season.  That's ridiculously awesome.  Looks like he's on the way to doing the same this year.

Be careful what you wish for...

borchard-j.jpg

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)

That's bulls***. I'm sick and tired of people telling me and others that we're just jumping off a bandwagon. Konerko is a piece of trash right now, absolutely useless. It is so f'n clear that he's only swinging for the fences and doing nothing for the team, only padding his homerun stats for his big payday. Plus, he's said a few stupid things to the media when he should've just kept his fat mouth shut. He's getting paid $8.75 million to be the most one-dimensional player in baseball. He's been bringing basically nothing to the table, and he's hurt us more than he's helped us wherever he's batting in the order.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
That's bulls***.  I'm sick and tired of people telling me and others that we're just jumping off a bandwagon.  Konerko is a piece of trash right now, absolutely useless.  It is so f'n clear that he's only swinging for the fences and doing nothing for the team, only padding his homerun stats for his big payday.  Plus, he's said a few stupid things to the media when he should've just kept his fat mouth shut.  He's getting paid $8.75 million to be the most one-dimensional player in baseball.  He's been bringing basically nothing to the table, and he's hurt us more than he's helped us wherever he's batting in the order.

Regardless, Herb, he'll be a member of the Chicago White Sox through season's end.

For better or worse...

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:54 AM)

Well Kong will have to be able to hit a breaking ball before he can heat up because until further notice that's all they're going to throw him.

Also, and this isn't just Kong but damm near the whole team, I'm getting REALLY tired of watching these guys swing at pitches on their fists while taking pitches right down the middle.