GAME THREAD 7-10-2005 SOX vs A's

rangercal

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
This is f***ing pathetic.  Nice momentum into the break.

No kidding, that's what I've been trying to say all this wknd, but everyone keeps throwing our record in my face as reason why I'm just being negative. Our starting pitching has been poor, our bullpen poor, and our offense has sucked lately. Not exactly a team that looks very sharp. Too bad we can't play Tampa again right now to cure our ills.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
The idea that we don't need to make moves is ridiculous. We've had a cupcake schedule compared to Cleveland, and whenever we run into good teams we s*** our pants. That all changes in the 2nd half.

No kidding. 9 game leads in the division are definitely not locks. Especially considering how many of our pitchers pitched over their heads so far, and our record in one run games....we're due for our record to come back to earth.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Well, at least that wasn't predictable.  Nothing like being swept heading into the ASB.  And yes, this game is over.  The Sox have shown me nothing in terms of enthusiasm to comeback in this game.

I wouldn't say it's over yet, were already into their bp. We just need to get some more hits!!

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
The only positive i see about possibly getting swept here, is that it's AGAINST Oakland,who the Sox evidently feel cursed by. Just imagine if it was Minny  :o

There's not a single positive about being swept heading into the ASB.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
No kidding.  9 game leads in the division are definitely not locks.  Especially considering how many of our pitchers pitched over their heads so far, and our record in one run games....we're due for our record to come back to earth.

Yeah, I think Cleveland has something like 31 games against KC/Seattle/Tampa. We have 15.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
This team is a f***ing embarassment.

You're going to get blasted for that comment. I'll say this though: There's not a worse in-game manager than Ozzie Guillen. I don't think there's another manager in baseball who would have let Cotts stay in to face Melhuse