NCAA 2006

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
just got my rosters today on ebay, i advise if you hate numbers do this it was pretty cheap i needed a memory card anyways

I entered all of my Michigan players manually, including their incoming freshmen for this year. That is holding me off for now. As long as my players have names, I'm good at least for awhile.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Thats weird, ive never once gotten put on probation in 2006.. I have a few players act up, but no probation..

Let me take that back........ I have not been put on probation on this year's game. I just see a similar pattern that happened to me last year.

Schools don't get NCAA probation because their players don't hit the books hard enough. Minor violations add up in this game and the punishment doesn't always fit the crime. That's my problem.

Can the discipline aspect of the game be adjusted or turned off?

Just got done playing my first game on heisman (default)

i lost 35-22 (i was georgia, playing GT)

I felt like i lost fair and square, throwing a big pick late in the game. I didn't think it was cheap at all. I'll play a few more exhibitions and see what i think.

But so far, so good.

There are some slider guys that are saying, put it on heisman, put ALL off/def sliders to 0, and it plays great. If i get frustrated w/ default, i'm gonna try that.

And rex, no, the discipline cannot be turned off, unfortunately

I am in my second season and have had two unbelievable games against Iowa. In the first year I was down 26-0 before coming back, taking the lead, only to blow it at the end of regulation. I ended up losing 50-43 in 2OT.

The next season, Iowa was once again a thorn in my side. This time I had the big lead at 35-14 in the 2nd quarter and could not hold it. I had to score with :37 left just to send the game to OT. This time I won 63-56 in OT.

For some reason, I cannot stop Iowa. As a reference point, I opened the season against Georgia and beat them 21-14, so it is not like I score that high all the time.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
I am in my second season and have had two unbelievable games against Iowa.  In the first year I was down 26-0 before coming back, taking the lead, only to blow it at the end of regulation.  I ended up losing 50-43 in 2OT. 

The next season, Iowa was once again a thorn in my side.  This time I had the big lead at 35-14 in the 2nd quarter and could not hold it.  I had to score with :37 left just to send the game to OT.  This time I won 63-56 in OT. 

For some reason, I cannot stop Iowa.  As a reference point, I opened the season against Georgia and beat them 21-14, so it is not like I score that high all the time.

Same thing happened with me with texas, i got killed by them in the season where i went 9-2, then got killed by them again in the championship :chair

Have only played the first game on default settings, seeing as I'm using my favorite lowly South Carolina Gamecock team. Beat a pretty bad Central Florida team 31-14. Cory Boyd is about unstoppable in this game. I just hand entered all the player info for my team, including incoming freshmen that they didnt have in the game. So far, I'm liking it. Next game is at Georgia, so I expect to be 1-1 after that. Maybe bump it up to All American with the slider settings, we'll see.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
TRU, is Vincent Young good in this game or what? 

It's funny... just run the option, no need to juke, stiff arm, or nothing.  He just runs around people.  And if they try to tackle him, he plows.  My friends get so pissed.

Just like real life though.. I mean just look at the Michigan game, he won that game with his legs.. Hes a brute

Alright guys, not sure any of you care, but i'm gonna share anyway.

I got sick of using other people's sliders so i decided to make my own. Other's care way too much about realism and it just wasn't fun.

So this is what i did.

Started a *test dynasty w/ the illini. I started on Default all american.

For the first 2 games i stayed like that, i beat rutgers by 3 and blew out san jose state. They had -17 yards, so i knew that was the end of default.

So i moved ALL human sliders to 40 and kept the AI at 50 (off/def, not special teams, i kept ST at default)

I've played 2 games with the 40 set.

I beat cal in double overtime and i beat michigan st. by 2 touchdowns. The spartans were without stanton however and their backup fumbled it twice.

I'm gonna stick with the 40 for a few more games and if i keep winning, i might knock it down to 30.

Simple, yet these will probably get the job done for me.

finished w/ my sliders

FOR ALL AMERICAN

Everything on offense for human change to 30, for ai change to 60

Same goes for defense.

Special teams you can do what you want, i left it at default.

I beat the teams i should and have to play smart to beat the tough teams. I just beat miami w/ colorado by 3. I felt like i earned the victory, which is all that matters to me.

Try em out.

Edited by Soxnbears01

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
i'm going to move my difficulty up, the score of my last four games have been 70-0, 73-14, 77-35, and 113-14. all on all american with northwestern

try my sliders.

heisman is ridiculous

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
try my sliders.

heisman is ridiculous

Heisman is definitely ridiculous. I couldn't stop Ohio. That's right, I said Ohio. I just bumped everything to 45 for me, 55 for the comp on everything but INT's, which I dropped to 45 because with my lower accuracy I was throwing at least 2 picks every game, even though my QB is an 85 impact player. I think I need to tweak it a little more though. I crushed ASU 49-14 with Hagan, lost to PSU 35-28 (Robinson ran all over me), and smoked Michigan about 56-14 without Hart (he seems to get hurt a lot in this game). I kind of like the passing where it is. I get fewer shots at the deep ball because they double my outside receivers, and I catch fewer once i get there. But I need to drop my running ability more. I still get a lot of big plays, although my runs out of the shotgun are less effective than they once were. I also need to increase the comp pass blocking, but it's nice to see the comp getting some solid running plays for once.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

i wasn't up for really spending any more time tweaking sliders. I just wanted to get it somewhere that was playable.

The game vs miami sold me on mine. Miami looked to cruise in the 4th and run out the clock but i intercepted a pass and ran it back for a TD.

It just felt like college football to me.

I'm happy :)

My best game of the year. Down 33-30 with less than a minute, i put the ball in Vince Young's hands...or should i say legs. He rushed for like 60 yards in 30 seconds on the drive. With 3 seconds left, i called a TO and brought out the special teams. My kicker barely got the ball over the the FG to send us to OT. I kept going with VY and scored on my 2nd play. Then after Oklahoma got to around the 15 my LB intercepted a pass ni the endzone and ran it to the 50 (i figured i'd give the TD a shot) to stun the OK crowd. Beauty.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
what exactly are sliders

Go to game settings, AI. There you can adjust the relative abilities of both the human and CPU. Everything is set at 50 and it could be changed. Drop your sliders and your player's abilities drop, like your running back suddenly won't bust through the hole as fast if you drop RB ability, and visa-versa. It allows you to tweak the performance of both the human controlled players and the computer in pretty much any area.

Anyone know how good the NIU defense is? My Northwestern offense, at Evanston, scored 27 points on them. I'm still playing the game, but there's about a minute left and I'm not gonna score again. It was a pretty crazy game, 'cause the wind was about 22 MPH and it was raining. I'm gonna win by 20, so I'm trying to guage what sliders I need to fix...

alright, i'm steaming right now. Think i just broke my controller.

Let's set the stage.

I decided to take a challenge and be SIU and move them into the MAC.

So far i'm 2-8 with the only wins coming from div1-aa opponents. I've gotten crushed by every 1-a team i've played. I finally had a shot at a conference win against western michigan. Tie game w/ about 30 seconds left. They throw up a bomb, they win.

SIU is BAD, i mean absolutely bad. I have linebackers that are rated in the 40s. Ugh, i think i may have bitten off more than i can chew.

Thank god this season's almost over. I got a few decent recruits already, gonna need a miracle.