This is probably going to be deemed a stupid ?...

the People's Champ

and have always wondered why.

Why exactly did Wimpy ever leave? Cause isnt he broadcasting for some other team now, if I aint mistaken. I miss that pudgy bastard. Not that I don't like DJ, just Tom was more funny in a non-goofy ass catch phrase sort of way.

Was it cause him and Hawk didn't get along, cause I always kinda got that vibe from them.

oh well :gosox1:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

jr wanted a change in the booth.

Demographically Wimpy and Hawk appealed to similar folks.

DJ was supposed to change that dynamic, but he brings precious little to the table.

no catchy phrases. Obvious insights. afraid to be critical most of the time.

turn off the TV and listen to the radio.

How'd it feel Tom... MERCY!!!!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.. OUCH.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
JR had nothing to do with it. Tom quit because of ignorant comments made by Hawk regarding Tom's sexual abuse as a child.

Were these comments personal, or during a broadcast?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
JR had nothing to do with it. Tom quit because of ignorant comments made by Hawk regarding Tom's sexual abuse as a child.

I accept your info as high quality, and believe me I don't feel that way about every internet poster. I always wondered what the "real" reason was. I miss the Wimperoo a lot, and if any of you ever meet him before I do pass it along. He was flippant at times, but in general it was a pleasure to hear the broadcasts when he was on with Hawk. Edited by Yossarian

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
and have always wondered why.

Why exactly did Wimpy ever leave? Cause isnt he broadcasting for some other team now, if I aint mistaken.  I miss that pudgy bastard. Not that I don't like DJ, just Tom was more funny in a non-goofy ass catch phrase sort of way.

Was it cause him and Hawk didn't get along, cause I always kinda got that vibe from them.

oh well :gosox1:

This is the second thread in a week you've started bashing Hawk. What the f*** is up with that? You got a problem with him?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
This is the second thread in a week you've started bashing Hawk.  What the f*** is up with that?  You got a problem with him?

Ive got a problem with him if he pushed the Wimperoo off. I like Rooney and Farmer better anyway.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
This is the second thread in a week you've started bashing Hawk.  What the f*** is up with that?  You got a problem with him?

I haven't bashed anybody..............quit getting your mommy to read the posts to you and read them yourself you illiterate bastard

quit trying to start s***

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
I haven't bashed anybody..............quit getting your mommy to read the posts to you and read them yourself you illiterate bastard

Not too smart, are we?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)

What he could sware at me but I cant retaliate? whats that. I was accused of bashing the Hawk when I merely asked an anonymous question. How am I wrong here?

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)

I'm thinking you don't know the rules here...

So let me very clear.

I asked a question.

You f***ed up with your answer.

Would you like to try again?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, without calling you any names.

I simply made an observation and asked what the f*** was up with that? I didn't say, "what the f*** is up with YOU", did I?

Would you like to try again, skippy?

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
I'm thinking you don't know the rules here...

So let me very clear.

I asked a question.

You f***ed up with your answer.

Would you like to try again?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, without calling you any names.

I simply made an observation and asked what the f*** was up with that?  I didn't say, "what the f*** is up with YOU", did I?

Would you like to try again, skippy?

Ok, I was out of line a bit with the name calling, I apologize. But I didnt appreciate being accused of bashing anybody, especially when it is clear in many of my posts that I very much like the Hawk. Next thing I know others (DukeNukeEm) were posting stuff complaining that Im b****ing and I didnt want it to get to people ganging up on me about this. I was trying to squash it but I kind of went overboard

Im sorry

Kick me off if you must I understand

Edited by the People's Champ

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
what does that mean?

In the simple words of a man you despise:

"Uh oh! BYE BYE!"

I believe that was a personal attack. Qwerty and I, as well as a few others, know that these are not tolerated here at SoxTalk.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
Nah, dude, you got it.  Just be careful.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was picking on YOU, I just wanted to know why you've started two threads asking negative things about hawk.

Lesson learned, let's go on.

Besides I really wanted to know the reason Wimpy left too cause I liked the both of them together. I had heard about the whole child molestation but I didn't know that it was Hawk that leaked it.

I just assumed that maybe Hawk was overpowering about the way that he wanted things to be run in the studio and Wimpy couldnt deal with it anymore.

sorry again bout that my Irish temper got the best of me, I assure you it wont happen again

let me buy you a cyber beer :cheers

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Besides I really wanted to know the reason Wimpy left too cause I liked the both of them together.  I had heard about the whole child molestation but I didn't know that it was Hawk that leaked it. 

I just assumed that maybe Hawk was overpowering about the way that he wanted things to be run in the studio and Wimpy couldnt deal with it anymore.

sorry again bout that my Irish temper got the best of me,  I assure you it wont happen again

let me buy you a cyber beer :cheers

We all accept your kind apology....I think. :lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
In the simple words of a man you despise:

"Uh oh! BYE BYE!"

I believe that was a personal attack. Qwerty and I, as well as a few others, know that these are not tolerated here at SoxTalk.

And let's give the newbies the benefit of the doubt. All is well that ends well.

MERCY!

:bang