Shingo Takatsu Heading West???

greasywheels121

Shingo Takatsu - R - White Sox

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the ''West Coast team'' interested in Shingo Takatsu is likely the Giants.

''Right now, I haven't talked to [general manager] Kenny [Williams] about it,'' manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''I think there was a rumor last week that some people wanted Shingo. I don't know about this week. Right now, it's nothing.'' Jul. 17 - 9:21 am et

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
Shingo Takatsu - R - White Sox   

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the ''West Coast team'' interested in Shingo Takatsu is likely the Giants.

''Right now, I haven't talked to [general manager] Kenny [Williams] about it,'' manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''I think there was a rumor last week that some people wanted Shingo. I don't know about this week. Right now, it's nothing.'' Jul. 17 - 9:21 am et

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

What a load of BS, that's how bulls*** gets started. This is what the SunTimes has:

NO DEAL: There was no update on ongoing talks about trading reliever Shingo Takatsu to a West Coast team.

Guillen confirmed talks regarding Takatsu were taking place last week. The Japanese newspaper Sports Nippon reported the team the Sox have spoken to likely is the San Francisco Giants, but the Giants denied interest Saturday.

"Right now, I haven't talked to [GM] Kenny [Williams] about it,'' Guillen said. "I think there was a rumor last week that some people wanted Shingo. I don't know about this week. Right now, it's nothing.

"The good thing about Chicago is we have a general manager at the radio stations, a general manager in the newspapers. There are a lot of general managers working for us making it easy. But right now ... I don't know anything about it.''

The Japanese newspaper Sports Nippon reported the team the Sox have spoken to likely is the San Francisco Giants, but the Giants denied interest Saturday.

After his outing on Sat, I would definitely deny any interest on Shingo :lol: . I still support Shingo, here's to hoping he can turn it around like he almost did before yesterday's game :cheers

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Is it obvious now that this guy is pulling bulls*** out of his ass.  I don't think that KW will trade Shingo after 1 bad outing especially since he has been better as of late.

I don't think that one outing plays into the decision at all.