Comedian Freddy Soto dies at age 35

Goldmember

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our dear friend Freddy Soto.

Freddy passed away unexpectedly Sunday July 10, 2005. Only one night before, he triumphantly left the stage of the Laugh Factory to a raucous, standing ovation. No cause of death has been announced, and we join his family, and wide circle of friends, in mourning his untimely passing.

Those of us that knew and worked with Freddy for much of these past 13 years are devastated, as Freddy was very much a comedian on the verge. Freddy's work on TV, in films, on stage and all over the country gave us many laughs, many highs, and he will be missed so dearly. His "Three Amigos" tour with Carlos Mencia & Pablo Francisco, and nationwide tour opening for Marc Anthony, cemented his status as a tour de force comedian to be reckoned with. He also just recently starred with Adam Sandler in Sony Pictures "Spanglish". While it may seem unfair that he should be taken from us so soon, we take comfort, as his family does, in the knowledge that Freddy is with his Lord.

A rosary will be held in El Paso, Texas on Sunday, July 17th at 7:30pm, at St. Pius Cathedral, followed by funeral services at St. Patrick Cathedral on Monday, July 18th at 10:00am.

St Pius Cathedral

1050 N Clark Drive - El Paso, TX 79900

St Patrick Cathedral

1118 N. Mesa St. - El Paso, TX 79900

The next incredible memorial tribute to Freddy will be held at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood California. This tribute will span three consecutive nights starting Monday, August 1 through Wednesday, August 3. The Laugh Factory will be conducting a live DVD taping all three nights and all proceeds generated from the sale of this DVD will go directly to the Soto Family Fund.

The World Famous Laugh Factory

8001 Sunset Boulevard - Hollywood, CA 90046

Freddy leaves behind an extradorinary wife, Cory, and an absolutely beautiful daughter, Cruz. As you can imagine, the life of a comedian is itinerant and difficult, and we ask you to join hands now in offering whatever support you can to Freddy's widow and child. In lieu of flowers, please consider making a generous contribution to a special family fund that has been set up, 100% of which will be used to care for, and give comfort to, his family in this their hour of need.

http://www.latinostandup.com/pages/soto.html

Comedy Central vid of Soto

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
The three amigos tour was f***ing awesome. Soto/Fransisco and Mencia are f***ing awesome. Soto was damn good. It sad when funny young comedians pass away, I still can't believe Mitch Hedberg died.

I couldn't believe it when mitch hedberg died. That guy was so funny in a weird way and it was great. " An escalator cannot break it can only become stairs." One of my favorites from him.

Im sad that Mitch Hedberg died, but I am not surprised. The guy liked smack too much, and it finally took him. Kinda like Layne Staley. Mitch was the master of the One-Liner, that guy had me in stitches from the simplest observations.

I dont know much of Soto, I am curious as to why he passed away.