Jeff Weaver

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
Plus, you know what the guy has done in the playoffs. You know how he owns the Yankees and you know he'd love a shot at his old mates. And those two teams are very likely heading to the playoffs this year.

If JR means what he says then don't bother looking at the contracts, just look at what the players can mean to this club. The Dodgers will be sellers. Their owner is strapped for cash and by the beginning of next week we'll see them make a call and start dumping. I just hope KW is there first. I'd trade McCarthy in a heartbeat and toss in another good prospect. Hell, I'd throw in Anderson too. The future is NOW.

:puke

:puke

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Im not sure you made a good argument there of why they would be buyers.  They are almost 10 games back and still falling, and basically have a glorified minor league team playing for the big club.  The WC is not going to come from their division, and they will be looking towards next year.  And Depodesta is supposed to be looking to unload some payroll in the terms of one of their big three starting pitchers.  I would rather have Odalis instead of the other two, but I dont know if any of them are good fits here.

The Dodgers are going to have some big contracts coming off the books at the end of this season, so they don't really need to dump players like Lowe for the sake of dumping them. Anyways Depodesta wouldn't trade Lowe, not 6 months after he signed him anyway, that'd be him just admitting that he was a bad signing.

That division could be won by a team that just finishes over .500. It's a bit presumptious to say that the WC isn't going to come from that division anyway, anything can happen once the playoffs come around as shown by the Angels in 02 and the Marlins in 03. They're a big market team as well, so dumping players for prospects won't go over too well with the fans and the media.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:46 AM)
Plus, you know what the guy has done in the playoffs. You know how he owns the Yankees and you know he'd love a shot at his old mates. And those two teams are very likely heading to the playoffs this year.

If JR means what he says then don't bother looking at the contracts, just look at what the players can mean to this club. The Dodgers will be sellers. Their owner is strapped for cash and by the beginning of next week we'll see them make a call and start dumping. I just hope KW is there first. I'd trade McCarthy in a heartbeat and toss in another good prospect. Hell, I'd throw in Anderson too. The future is NOW.

I'm sorry but that's just utterly insane trading Brandon McCarthy and Brian Anderson for Derek Lowe. Have you seen his record in the regular season over rhe past 2 and a half seasons? His ERA in the last month and a half has also significantly increased as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
I'm sorry but that's just utterly insane trading Brandon McCarthy and Brian Anderson for Derek Lowe. Have you seen his record in the regular season over rhe past 2 and a half seasons? His ERA in the last month and a half has also significantly increased as well.

Yes, you are so right. I mean, look at what B-Mac has done in the majors. And BA has been so awesome in the majors too.

Look, there's no such thing as overpaying for a World Series Championship. And you need to watch some more baseball if you really think that D-Lowe's ERA over the last month has anything to do with who he is and what he brings to a team. Did you even watch the playoffs last year?

tonight on the local night news, channel 5... KTLA... they had a segment in their sports spot noting "intense intrest" from both the red and WHITE SOX for jeff weaver. all that was said, aside from both teams having "intense intrest" was that if the dodgers do trade weaver, they will be waving the white flag and will be giving up on their season.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
tonight on the local night news, channel 5... KTLA... they had a segment in their sports spot noting "intense intrest" from both the red and WHITE SOX for jeff weaver. all that was said, aside from both teams having "intense intrest" was that if the dodgers do trade weaver, they will be waving the white flag and will be giving up on their season.

Weaver's a guy the sox probably figure could start and then pitch out of the pen as well. It's an interesting though considering Weaver is the opposite of a character guy, still has a great arm though.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
Yes, you are so right. I mean, look at what B-Mac has done in the majors. And BA has been so awesome in the majors too.

Look, there's no such thing as overpaying for a World Series Championship. And you need to watch some more baseball if you really think that D-Lowe's ERA over the last month has anything to do with who he is and what he brings to a team. Did you even watch the playoffs last year?

We all know B-Mac wasn't ready, so there's no real point in using the B-Mac in the majors argument. And yes we all saw what Lowe did in the playoffs, but is it a guarantee that he's going to pitch like that again especially when his regular season stats are not great to say the least? At least someone like Jason Schmidt has had good form leading up to the deadline. And have a look at Lowe's splits compared to an un-named pitcher (I'll let you all try and guess which one it is). (Lowe is #1 BTW)

BAA: 1) .284

2) .228

ERA: 1) 4.18

2) 4.34

WHIP: 1) 1.36

2) 1.30

HR: 1) 18

2) 17

Away Games: 1) 0-5

2) 3-2

July: 1) 0-2, 9.22 ERA

2) 2-2, 5.09 ERA

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
We all know B-Mac wasn't ready, so there's no real point in using the B-Mac in the majors argument. And yes we all saw what Lowe did in the playoffs, but is it a guarantee that he's going to pitch like that again especially when his regular season stats are not great to say the least? At least someone like Jason Schmidt has had good form leading up to the deadline. And have a look at Lowe's splits compared to an un-named pitcher (I'll let you all try and guess which one it is). (Lowe is #1 BTW)

2) .228

2) 4.34

2) 1.30

2) 17

2) 3-2

2) 2-2, 5.09 ERA

Can I play?? :D :P

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)

2) .228

2) 4.34

2) 1.30

2) 17

2) 3-2

2) 2-2, 5.09 ERA

Please, please, please, not this again. My head still hurts from last night. :banghead

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
I really don't think any of the Dodger pitchers are better than El Duque or Contreras.

Derek Lowe isn't good and he has a horrible contract because of two good weeks in the post-season.

I would rather have Odalis than the count any day of the week.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Im not sure you made a good argument there of why they would be buyers.  They are almost 10 games back and still falling, and basically have a glorified minor league team playing for the big club.  The WC is not going to come from their division, and they will be looking towards next year.  And Depodesta is supposed to be looking to unload some payroll in the terms of one of their big three starting pitchers.  I would rather have Odalis instead of the other two, but I dont know if any of them are good fits here.

BUMP.

The Dodgers are 4 games back now. Hate to say I was right but ya know............... :ph34r:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
BUMP.

The Dodgers are 4 games back now. Hate to say I was right but ya know...............  :ph34r:

DBAHO, I think we could take 9 people from soxtalk and win the nl west. Screw a bullpen as well, no need.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
DBAHO, I think we could take 9 people from soxtalk and win the nl west.  Screw a bullpen as well, no need.

Ok so we're what the Arizona Diamondbacks all of a sudden? :lol: