7/22 Game Thread

rangercal

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
s***, id look like that if I knew I should be in the majors and im not. lol

He's here and, hopefully, not going anywhere.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Shingo was let go cause of Jenks.  Bobby ain't going anywhere.

Dude if I was a GM and Kenny wanted someone, I make sure Jenks was included!

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Dude if I was a GM and Kenney wanted someone, I make sure Jenks was included!

If he keeps throwing like this, they could get anybody they want for him!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Yep -- 'cause we all know you're gonna get dominated in that Oakland friendly bet with witesoxfan...  :D  :P

Oh you jerk. :P To be honest though, every night I check to see what Oakland did just cause I don't want them in the playoffs. That obviously has nothing to do with my bet with wite, just don't want the sox facing oakland.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)
Oh you jerk. :P   To be honest though, every night I check to see what Oakland did just cause I don't want them in the playoffs.  That obviously has nothing to do with my bet with wite, just don't want the sox facing oakland.

Agreed. I'd much rather have our offense face the Anahiem pitchers than our offense face Oakland pitchers. Zito/Harden are about as good a one-two punch in a short series as you're going to get... Hopefully Minny doesn't win the WC, either, 'cause I'd hate to face Santana/Radke in a short series, too.

And before I get jumped all over, Buehrle/Garcia are just fine. I think we match up well against anyone's pitching staff, for that matter.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Agreed.  I'd much rather have our offense face the Anahiem pitchers than our offense face Oakland pitchers.  Zito/Harden are about as good a one-two punch in a short series as you're going to get...  Hopefully Minny doesn't win the WC, either, 'cause I'd hate to face Santana/Radke in a short series, too. 

And before I get jumped all over, Buehrle/Garcia are just fine.  I think we match up well against anyone's pitching staff, for that matter.

Yeh, not matter how bad they did in the regular season Minnie's SP usually deal come playoff time. Remember Mays back in what...02??

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Agreed.  I'd much rather have our offense face the Anahiem pitchers than our offense face Oakland pitchers.  Zito/Harden are about as good a one-two punch in a short series as you're going to get...  Hopefully Minny doesn't win the WC, either, 'cause I'd hate to face Santana/Radke in a short series, too. 

And before I get jumped all over, Buehrle/Garcia are just fine.  I think we match up well against anyone's pitching staff, for that matter.

You know what's amazing to me is it seemed like Zito had lost it with last year and the beginning of this year, all the sudden it's like a switch just flipped and he's the old zito.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
You know what's amazing to me is it seemed like Zito had lost it with last year and the beginning of this year, all the sudden it's like a switch just flipped and he's the old zito.

Zito can dominate and im sure if they weren't low balling Beane for him before he dealt Mulder he could have went instead.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)

I've heard that he's learned a slider. Or a two-seamer. I bet he's probably taken some exception to being pegged as the 'third guy' in the 'Big 3'. He's increased his K/9, IIRC, and my opinion has certainly changed on him.